Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistically, where do you think this ends for us?
I'm just enjoying the ride, too.

But I don't fear the Patriots this year. I think that we would have a very good shot at beating them. They have that championship aura, but they also have a so-so defense.

Gronk is very scary and Brady is the probably GOAT and playing very well right now, BUT if you can put constant pressure on him (which we can do), I think they're beatable.

My gut tells me that the Steelers would be a tougher game.

My biggest fear is that we make the Super Bowl and face Jacksonville. It would be just like the Vikings to lose to a team that has never been to a Super Bowl (ala Pittsburgh back in the 70's). I remember when that match-up happened. Pittsburgh had been losers for most of their existence. I was thinking, with our experience, we should destroy them. Then they turned into the team of the decade.

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:

My biggest fear is that we make the Super Bowl and face Jacksonville.
If we faced Jacksonville, it would be the Battle if Owners' Epic 'Staches!

For the Vikings, we have Zygi, and his fairly traditional, yet prominent lip caterpillar 'stache...
[Image: rnwa3hqjo68t.png]

For the Jaguars, we have Shahid's Wrath of Khan:
[Image: qnk60yi8ngok.png]

I never thought I'd say this, but damn. Based on the power of that 'stache, I think Zygi loses...

Quote: @Clanzomaelan said:
@SouthCarolinaViking said:

My biggest fear is that we make the Super Bowl and face Jacksonville.
If we faced Jacksonville, it would be the Battle if Owners' Epic 'Staches!

For the Vikings, we have Zygi, and his fairly traditional, yet prominent lip caterpillar 'stache...
[Image: rnwa3hqjo68t.png]

For the Jaguars, we have Shahid's Wrath of Khan:
[Image: qnk60yi8ngok.png]

I never thought I'd say this, but damn. Based on the power of that 'stache, I think Zygi loses...
sorry,  that stache may be powerful,  but that jacket is so nasty it pretty much neutralizes the facial hair.  not to mention you forgot Zygis got the bizzaro mario eyes so game fucking over.

Quote:
[Image: 9ca749c99fde387aeda0cacf3bd18410.jpg]

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
my head says this is the year,  my heart is screaming for mercy and telling me to go watch basketball.
Wait, wouldn't it be just the opposite?

Head says watch buckets and heart says this is the year?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
my head says this is the year,  my heart is screaming for mercy and telling me to go watch basketball.
Wait, wouldn't it be just the opposite?

Head says watch buckets and heart says this is the year?

nope,  my head says this is the year,  this is the most well rounded team we have fielded in my nearly 40 years of Vikings recollection... its my heart that has been ripped out and grudge fucked so many times in the past that is screaming for mercy and telling me to go watch basketball.

I will refrain from voting because too many years and disappointments.  I am just gonna enjoy the ride while it lasts and hopefully that will be with a Parade in Minneapolis.

We can beat any team in the NFL, including the Patriots and Steelers. What gives me confidence is that our strength is defense . Defense is spread out over 11 dimensions. It's not a QB or a RB or a WR. That means it's less vulnerable to a bad day. And, as someone pointed out earlier this week, Zimmer is very familiar with AFC offenses. I like our chances. 

Whether we actually DO IT or not is now more about luck than anything. We have to get and stay hot. And we have to stay healthy. I've always said it's not always the best team that wins the Super Bowl, it's the one who gets hot at the right time. 

I feel in this is  the  year  it ends in the parade pushing 50 and being a fan since I was  4  I have witnessed  many collapse  a few  times  this  year  I said  here we  go  a typical viking lose  the first was the  bear game    I thought yep  gonna lose this to such a lesser team  nope here  comes case  and  the Vikings dominate the second half .then the London tame watching it  I told my kids   typical vikings this will be Cleveland only win  in fickle London first half vikings looked like they were  asleep then  the redskins vikings r  rolling up  18 mid 3rd  quarter  look to be  pulling away  then back to back interceptions I said to my friends who are redskins fans  you guys r gonna win typical viking team blowing a  big lead but guess what I was  wrong. Then Atlanta   the Falcons gasp miss a late  4th quarter field goal   the  first  thought   is  vikings will go three and out punt and Atlanta will go on to win but I was  wrong this team went down the field and iced the gamend . So I feel this team is so very different than all before them and it will end  with  hosting the  a trophy in the air  and some one saying I'm going to Disney land  just for kicks  I'm guessing Adam  for map just cause it completes a great story  for this team

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
I feel in this is  the  year  it ends in the parade pushing 50 and being a fan since I was  4  I have witnessed  many collapse  a few  times  this  year  I said  here we  go  a typical viking lose  the first was the  bear game    I thought yep  gonna lose this to such a lesser team  nope here  comes case  and  the Vikings dominate the second half .then the London tame watching it  I told my kids   typical vikings this will be Cleveland only win  in fickle London first half vikings looked like they were  asleep then  the redskins vikings r  rolling up  18 mid 3rd  quarter  look to be  pulling away  then back to back interceptions I said to my friends who are redskins fans  you guys r gonna win typical viking team blowing a  big lead but guess what I was  wrong. Then Atlanta   the Falcons gasp miss a late  4th quarter field goal   the  first  thought   is  vikings will go three and out punt and Atlanta will go on to win but I was  wrong this team went down the field and iced the gamend . So I feel this team is so very different than all before them and it will end  with  hosting the  a trophy in the air  and some one saying I'm going to Disney land  just for kicks  I'm guessing Adam  for map just cause it completes a great story  for this team
I still remember The Snake, Shell/Upshaw and gang kicking the ass of an over the hill Vikings team 1/77. I frigging cried as a teen watching that game.

If you were to tell me 40+ years and I'd still be waiting?

...I'll take my happy ending this year please. Even this much later.