Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat Elflein misses practice Wednesday
With starting center Pat Elflein not practicing for the second straight day because of shoulder injury, the Minnesota Vikings were executing contingency plans on their offensive line.
While Elflein was limited to a practice observer, Joe Berger moved to center and practice squad center Cornelius Edison continued to snap, too, just as he did in Wednesday’s practice. If Berger starts at center, the Vikings could either use rookie Danny Isidora at right guard or move right tackle Mike Remmers inside and have Rashod Hill play at right tackle.

Quote: @"Maple Surple" said:
I've heard players talk about what a strain the season is on rookies who are not accustomed to such a long season
add in pre and post season, it's a toll
& yes that week off is big for everyone
I think what gets the rooks is all the training pre-draft.  Then the long season.

I am almost of the mind that elflein should rest this week and then on the bye.  I think we can handle a rookie QB at home.

[Image: Rudolph-the-Red-Nosed-Reindeer-christmas...80-720.jpg]

Interesting line up if Berger goes to C, Remmers goes inside to RG (seems like almost a natural fit) and Hill takes RT. Would like to see how that Right Side performs

FYI for all you worriers out there, we have lost to Chicago in Minnesota 3x over the last 16 years. 

1 winning Bears team went to the Super Bowl
1 winnjng Bears team went to the NFCCG
the other Vikings team went 3-13

We dont lose to the Bears in our house

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
And today...

Pat Elflein - C - Vikings Vikings C Pat Elflein (shoulder) did not practice Thursday.
He also sat out Wednesday, making it unlikely he is able to play in the finale. With LG Nick Easton out for the season, the Vikings have questions along the offensive line heading into the postseason.
This is good news actually. It's not good that Elf's injury is lingering, but it's good news the Vikings are sitting him down. The best defense in the NFL playing at home against a 50% rookie QB?  If this isn't a laugher I'll be surprised.  I'm not worried about the Bears. I'm not worried about the seed. I'm worried about playing teams like the Saints, Rams, Panthers and Eagles without Pat Elflein. Get him healthy. 

Decision coming tomorrow per Tom P.

Want to end the season with a win...13 wins surpasses even Berts regular season. Bears would love nothing more but come and sneak a win. 

Lock down #2 and if we can do all that giving key guys like Elf a rest? All the better. 

We need to be full strength divisional round...Well sans QB1 and RB1 lol! 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Want to end the season with a win...13 wins surpasses even Berts regular season. Bears would love nothing more but come and sneak a win. 

Lock down #2 and if we can do all that giving key guys like Elf a rest? All the better. 

I wonder how much more attention the Vikings would be getting right now going into the playoffs if we still had Dalvin Cook healthy.  

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

I wonder how much more attention the Vikings would be getting right now going into the playoffs if we still had Dalvin Cook healthy.  
Damn. Might have even been the face of the franchise...
Right now we are a true team with no one player taking the lights

& that's kinda cool too, but talk about a what if...

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Well, he was on pace for about 1400 rushing yards...so, my guess is a Pro Bowl snub for him and maybe slightly more chatter for the #2 seed...