Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com: The Eagles look very beatable
I was unimpressed with Nick Foles.  I was more unimpressed with Oakland's offense and Carr...but their OL could not hold the Eagles DL, and he was running for his life most of the game.  But Nick Foles is clearly not Carson Wentz.  I cannot see the Eagles making it past their first game in the playoffs against a decent team.

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
I was unimpressed with Nick Foles.  I was more unimpressed with Oakland's offense and Carr...but their OL could not hold the Eagles DL, and he was running for his life most of the game.  But Nick Foles is clearly not Carson Wentz.  I cannot see the Eagles making it past their first game in the playoffs against a decent team.
I totally agree with this. Khalil Mack is a scary dude... And he may have caused some of those jitters, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a secondary hold up and continue to cover like ours. They're so disciplined. I don't see the Eagles and Nick Foles getting past Game 1 of the Playoffs. The NFC is absolutely loaded.

CBS is thinking since Foles sucks, Vijayjay will save the day...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jay-a...ng-eagles/

Quote: @"Maple Surple" said:
CBS is thinking since Foles sucks, Vijayjay will save the day...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jay-a...ng-eagles/
So the game plan for the Vikings would likely be to sell out to stop Ajayi and force Foles to beat them. Possible against an average defense. Not this one. Right now I think the Vikings would crush the Eagles, even in Philly. 

In that weather from last night after I saw how Case played in Lameblow there's no freaking way I want to play in Philadelphia.

And that's acknowledging that their CBs are very beatable and the Defense is inconsistent and got torched by Old Eli.

Carolina's CBs aint great either but that interior pass rush at home with the crowd noise covered that weakness up.

Philadelphia at home with possible temperature and wind challenges for Keenum could easily lead to a 9-6 type of FG fest. And there's nobody on this Vikings Team I trust less than Darth Forbath.

If Vikes cant be #1 seed then the Wentz-less Eagles would definitely be my pick to be the top seed.  

If the Eagles lose first game then we hold home field through out.

If we have to travel somewhere, I would rather it was against the Wentz-less Eagles then any of the other top ranked NFC teams. Would you rather play the Saints in their house?  Or maybe visit the Panthers again?

Since the Viikes lost to the Panthers they just about made #1seed impossible and the way it is playing out is the best possible alternative.

Of the current possibilities I'd actually prefer any team at home vs. Case in the cold in Philadelphia even without Wentz.

Not sure I really like the idea of Drew Brees nice and comfy inside of US Bank Stadium, the way they are playing right now.

For the sake of comparison, it was about 30 degrees for the Philly/Oakland game on Monday. It was single digits in Lambeau. If the Vikings are in the NFC title game in Philly, hopefully it won't be as cold as it was on Saturday in GB.

Quote: @"Nichelle" said:
For the sake of comparison, it was about 30 degrees for the Philly/Oakland game on Monday. It was single digits in Lambeau. If the Vikings are in the NFC title game in Philly, hopefully it won't be as cold as it was on Saturday in GB.
& hopefully the groundskeeper doesn't pass out &  leave the sprinklers on all night...