Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com: The Eagles look very beatable

Weeks ago I said they were paper tigers...now without Wentz, they look to be one and out...

I agree and thought the same a few weeks ago.

My question is if the Eagles are one and done do we gain home field advantage if we win and make it to the NFCCG?  Are there other NFC teams who could beat them and own homefield against us?

Quote: @"Poiple" said:
I agree and thought the same a few weeks ago.

My question is if the Eagles are one and done do we gain home field advantage if we win and make it to the NFCCG?  Are there other NFC teams who could beat them and own homefield against us?
Nope, it goes to the next highest seed. So, if the Vikings are the second seed, they would then take over home field advantage for the NFCCG.

Only 2 teams in the running for the 2 seed: Minnesota and Carolina. We will lock that up on Sunday. And once Philly is knocked out - probably by the Saints - the Vikes will be the highest remaining seed so they will play all of their games at home.

Thanks guys. Ive become a fairly conservative fan given the Vikes track record but with home field advantage, the struggling Eagles and already beating the rest of the top NFC teams, its difficult to not be enthused.  
The one thing I am the most appreciative of is that Zimmer knows both of the AFC top contenders very well from all of his years in Cincy.  It is going to be tough for either the Big Ben or Brady to do something unexpected.  I think Zimmer knows those two teams a lot better than either of them knows the Vikings. Add in home field and I like how things are coming together.

Dont know how the Saints would handle January in Philly, but they are playing awfully well right now. Much better than when we played em in September. I'd be very nervous about that game if I were an Eagles fan. 

Unlike us fans, lets just hope the guys are Winter Park are focusing on beating the The Bears...

I missed most of the game but caught the last 7 minutes or so.  I can't believe how bad Oakland is.  This is from the article:

Oakland, in eight possessions in the last 20 minutes of the game, went
interception-fumble-punt-missed field
goal-fumble-punt-interception-fumble.

Maybe the field conditions and weather had quite a bit to do with the stats, but yikes, that's beyond bad.  Why'd they get rid of Musgrave again?  What about Carr? He seems to be competent, but not the up and coming superstar QB they hoped.  He looked flat out bad.

I think the Saints take that game pretty easily. With the emergence of their running game they are going to be tough all the way through the NFCCG game.  

Im glad the Vikes have homefield against them.  Stopping their run and stopping Brees passing game is a tall order for any team.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
I missed most of the game but caught the last 7 minutes or so.  I can't believe how bad Oakland is.  This is from the article:

Oakland, in eight possessions in the last 20 minutes of the game, went
interception-fumble-punt-missed field
goal-fumble-punt-interception-fumble.

Maybe the field conditions and weather had quite a bit to do with the stats, but yikes, that's beyond bad.  Why'd they get rid of Musgrave again?  What about Carr, he seems to be competent, but not the up and coming superstar QB they hoped.  He looked flat out bad.

Oakland and Dallas, probably biggest disappointments in the league? 

Cold does weird s hit to teams as we saw with the GB game and the vikes/seahawks game. Not sure it was that cold in Philly last night, but anything under 40 is probably damn cold when you're coming from Oakland.

I couldnt believe how shit the Oakland OL looked - also a testament to how good Philly's front 4 is.

Thats the match-up that would make me the most nervous having to go there in Jan. Not sure our OL is stout enough to control them up front often enough, and you fall behind? Probably game over.

Their front 4 is at least as good as ours, better against the pass imo.