Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paton Won't Have A Chance To Tell The Browns To Pound Sand
I actually think Hue Jackson is in over his head and is another example of a great coordinator that failed as a Head Coach.  I've watched and read a number of his interviews and he just doesn't seem to have that "presence"...  the Browns have been a failed organization for quite awhile, but they've reached a historically bad level the past two years.  ONE WIN in almost two full seasons???  Terrible.

The Roster outside of WR and QB is generally considered to be pretty good.

Whiffing on both Wentz and Watson required a Fall Guy as another poster mentioned.

This isn't close to the end of Analytics in football. Just the end of the first full blooded attempt.

I think I heard the poor Browns are 4/45 the last 49 games?

smh

Hue Jackson was the head coach for 1 year when Al Davis died.  There was no one in charge, so he initiated a deal to get Carson Palmer from the Bengals when Jason Campbell was put on IR.  It was the Palmer trade that ended his 1 year stint as head coach.  They finished 8-8.  It took him a long time to get this 2nd opportunity.  He is a confident man, and believes in his players, but maybe to a fault.  If you ever hear the Browns players talk about Hue, it is like they would do anything to win for him.  They are just so young and the NFL maturation process takes time.  He deserves a good QB to see what he can do.  The Vikings have 3 that I think can help with that.  They so badly need a RB to go along with that.  This is the draft for it and the free agency to obtain a starting QB.  I would hate to see such a brilliant offensive mind lose his second chance because of analytics.  He was hired to work with whatever Sashi Brown gave him, and maybe not even a great coach can perform such miracles from that hot mess.