Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Minnesota, Seattle, New Orleans and Philadelphia all lose in Wk 14
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@wiviking said:
Every week there as many people on this forum predicting losses as there are wins. Maybe more. The loss predictors have been wrong an awful lot.  I'm a cockeyed optimist, and am pretty sure I will have my 11th correct pick of the season. This is a win, and not even a close one.
My first time in a long time actually picking Minnesota to lose. 
I didnt mean to single you out. Just saying that every week, an awful lot of fans are picking them to lose. Its been a fun season, and could possibly be a historic one. If the oars break, so be it. But I believe this team is special.

Quote: @dadevike said:
I was really more concerned about the Atlanta game than the Carolina game. Atlanta is much more balanced on offense and also has a good defense. Carolina has a good defense, but so do we. And I like our offense better than theirs. 
Of course we could lose this game -- the second straight tough game on the road -- but I like our chances. This team is confident. So long as we do not turn the ball over (need to be careful with Kuechly), I think we'll be fine. Just hope it does not come down to the kicking game. That's our weakness. 
Agreed. The Atlanta game scared me.  Now the only thing I worry about is travel fatigue.  I have this one chalked up as a win.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Vikergirl said:
Keys to this game, keep Cam off the field as much as possible then rattle the hell out of him, and protect Keenum. 
Or keep Cam on the field.....as long as its horizontal instead of vertical!!!!!  Sacks galore coming from the left side!!!
I meant as in not running the offense effectively but a boatload of sacks works too. 

My son wants us to lose one game more before playoffs - thinking we will still be 1 with another loss.  This one would be ok with me on the road after the last 8 games. 

Wouldn't be shocked if Sticky's prediction comes true.  However, just to be wish-washy I wouldn't be shocked if all four of them win either.

Way to lay it out there to get stepped on Stickey! lol

Your post made me go look.  A very interesting week for the NFC

Seattle - Jax.  Seattle’s O line is as bad as ours was last year.  Wilson keeps them alive aka Rodgrs. Jax D is the real deal and will be a huge test.  Seattle missing Kam and Sherman says a lot about either Seattle depth in the secondary or that the Iggles offense is not to be feared by elite teams.  Seattle loves to play at home. Jax could steal this one.  Blair Walsh project loses this upset for them.
Jax 17- 14

Eagles - Rams. Rams are pouring over the Seattle tapes as the Eagles are with Rams/ Vikes tapes.  Two even teams.  Eagles find enough holes in the Rams D.
Eagles 31 - 24

Saints - Falcons. These guys hate each other.  Its going to be a great game.  Brees and company unfortunately are rolling.
Saints 28-14

Vikes - Panthers. Zimmer’s Vikes are staying focused week to week. Carolina fans already know they lost this. Their coaching staff loses this for them.  Cam is NOT looking forward to this game.
Vikes 28-14

Bet on it! lol

Here's my look into the proverbial crystal ball...
Atlanta vs. New Orleans - I think many people will look at their records and the way the Falcons got beat by Minnesota and pick New Orleans to win this game.  Well, I actually think Atlanta should be favored in this one...  it's a short week and the Falcons are at home.  That generally favors evenly matched teams and I would say that is the case in this one.  Atlanta was averaging 33 points per game over their 3-game win streak before running into a buzzsaw against an elite Vikings defense.  The Saints are playing much better on defense, but they are no where near as good as the Vikings.  The Falcons have the speed to slow down the Kamara and the Saints running game and Julio does Julio things...
Atlanta 27 New Orleans 24
Seattle vs. Jacksonville - The Jaguars have the #1 defense...  are playing at home...  and Fournette is the real deal.  Seattle's defense is banged up...  their offensive line is BAD...  and Wilson is their leading rusher.  The only weakness for the Jaguars defense is that they are leaky against the run...  but Seattle has no running game...  so...  Jacksonville right?  I think the Jaguars "should" win...  but for some reason I think Bortles has a couple turnovers and Seattle squeaks this one out.
Seattle 17 Jacksonville 13
Philadelphia vs. LA Rams - Oh boy...  two explosive offenses and two tough defenses...  Rams are at home and Philly is coming off a road loss to Seattle.  Are the Eagles for real or are they getting exposed?  This game will be telling...  but the Eagles are better against the run and I think that makes the difference in this one.
Philadelphia 24 LA Rams 20
Minnesota vs. Carolina - THE GAME OF THE WEEK.  We all know what's going to happen...  nothing needs to be said.
Minnesota 31 Carolina 17
BOOM

And if they can just stay out of their own way, ..... the Brownies get their first win!  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@wiviking said:
Every week there as many people on this forum predicting losses as there are wins. Maybe more. The loss predictors have been wrong an awful lot.  I'm a cockeyed optimist, and am pretty sure I will have my 11th correct pick of the season. This is a win, and not even a close one.
You’re a horrible person for this specific prediction, but I understand the contrarian mentality of things. I wish you bad luck in your prediction. 

Quote: @BStads said:
@StickyBun said:
@wiviking said:
You’re a horrible person for this specific prediction, but I understand the contrarian mentality of things. I wish you bad luck in your prediction. ;-)