Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three things that we should all be rooting for this week
Quote: @dadevike said:
Rhodes will be in crisis mode on Sunday.  The Panthers do not have a receiver worthy of his attention.  Funchess? Really? I'm a Michigan fan and even I don't think he is a number 1 receiver.  Rhodes may ask to cover Olsen. Or McCaffrey. Maybe he will try to cover any two receivers who line up close to each other.
I do not see Carolina beating us through the air. So will they  rely on their run game to win?  That's typically not a formula for success against this defense.  No, I don't think Carolina's offense can win this game. We do not give up many big plays and Cam is not accurate enough to pick us apart.
Actually, I think Carolina will need their defense to score or at least set up their offense in really good field position several times.  If the Vikings' offense is even as good as it was yesterday and they do not turn it over, I see another road win.
To be fair, MN's offense yesterday was a thing of beauty.  Keenum was basically perfect.  2 of his 5 incompletions came when Diggs and Theilen ALMOST made great sideline grabs.  At least 1 was a throw away.  I can't recall the other 2 but if our Offense plays as good as they did yesterday the rest of the year we'll have  our 1st ring. 

Quote: @dadevike said:
Rhodes will be in crisis mode on Sunday.  The Panthers do not have a receiver worthy of his attention.  Funchess? Really? I'm a Michigan fan and even I don't think he is a number 1 receiver.  Rhodes may ask to cover Olsen. Or McCaffrey. Maybe he will try to cover any two receivers who line up close to each other.
I do not see Carolina beating us through the air. So will they  rely on their run game to win?  That's typically not a formula for success against this defense.  No, I don't think Carolina's offense can win this game. We do not give up many big plays and Cam is not accurate enough to pick us apart.
Actually, I think Carolina will need their defense to score or at least set up their offense in really good field position several times.  If the Vikings' offense is even as good as it was yesterday and they do not turn it over, I see another road win.
Zim will find something for him to do.

Wonder if they will just cover their normal side?  I think we shut down their offense completely. 

I wonder how we will go about handling McCaffrey. Panthers have been utilizing in a lot of ways.

Come on Browns---take it to Chumley.
Vikings take care of business---Slam Cam.
Rams---you got the blueprint to the Eagles(Their D is for real)  Ya have to move Your Qb or he'll get hit hard and often.
Atlanta---get after it this Thursday---Saints won't give it to you; you'll have to get stops and take it in pieces(can't keep hoping to get large chunks(move the chains and be happy)

Quote: @Vikesrock said:
So just sitting around pondering after yesterdays win, and I came up with three things that I really hope happen this week in the NFL:
#3 For the love of God, please let the Browns beat the Packers:
The league knows that 
1. GB is still alive for the playoffs
2. Rodgers is coming back.

The Browns will not be allowed even a chance at beating the Packers.  I predict they get called for 8 penalties in the first half... at least 2 of which they'll actually be guilty of.  Think the GB/Lions week 17 matchup last year for the NFCN title.  Did anyone think the Lions had even a 1% shot at getting a fair shake in that game?  Same thing here. 

It would be beautiful to see though. 

Quote: @Norse said:
I wonder how we will go about handling McCaffrey. Panthers have been utilizing in a lot of ways.
Why not put Rhodes on him and let Newman or Waynes cover Funchess? Harry on Olson...Barr spies Cam...

But, with Kalil trying and failing to block Griffen...Cam holding on to the ball too long...coverage down field might not be an issue...

What I don't want to see is Reggie Bush 2.0 isolated on Gedeon...we'll lose that matchup every single time...you can't really play nickel because they'll run Stewart...maybe bring Smith down as Nickel backer and let Harris and Dejo play safety...

2 of their 4 losses are to the Saints and the other to a very close game with the Eagles. One bad loss to the Bears. It won't be easy.

Would love to see GB lose Wink    Otherwise just win.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@Norse said:
Why not put Rhodes on him and let Newman or Waynes cover Funchess? Harry on Olson...Barr spies Cam...

But, with Kalil trying and failing to block Griffen...Cam holding on to the ball too long...coverage down field might not be an issue...
I would rather Rhodes cover Olsen.  If he plays.  Harry and Kendricks can take care of McCaffrey out of the backfield.  If he splits wide, let whomever is out there cover him.  I doubt he is a better route runner than Sanu or Jordy Nelson. 

Barr spies on Cam for sure.  He has the size and the closing speed to nullify Cam running the ball.