Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three things that we should all be rooting for this week
So just sitting around pondering after yesterdays win, and I came up with three things that I really hope happen this week in the NFL:
#1 Vikings beat the Panthers:  This one is obvious, you know being a Vikings fan and all we should want our team to win every game.  Plus, it pretty much solidifies a first round bye with all the tie breakers going Minnesota's way at that point.
#2 Rams beat the Eagles:  Yes, if we win out, the #1 seed is ours (At least that's what I heard this morning).  But having an extra game cushion would be nice, PLUS if the Vikings can win up to the last game of the season, 50% of the people in the Vikings world would get their wish.  At that point, the Chicago @ Minnesota game would have no meaning.  We would have the #1 seed locked up and then they can run Bridgewater out there to see what they have there. 
#3 For the love of God, please let the Browns beat the Packers:  Not just because it would be fun to rub the Packer fans nose in it, and not even because I am worried that Aaron Rodgers might come back, well in a sense.  This is a request because if the Packers get to 7-6.  ALL you are going to hear at ALL times for ever until they lose again is how Aaron Rodgers is going to save the Packers season.  There will even be some Super Bowl predictions and the mania will begin.  It will be on every channel at all hours.  They will probably even do a press release from NATO headquarters or something.  I am not worried that he could beat the Vikings, I think the Vikes are a better team, but I am enjoying listening to sports talk radio right now.  If the Packers beat the Browns, it will be unbearable.  The pre-game shows will have exposes on Rodgers life while he had a broken collarbone.  We will see the play of him walking in to A. Barr over and over again, and the debate of whether it was a "dirty" hit will be rehashed ad nauseam.  So please, for the love of God, GO BROWNS!!

The least likely in that list to happen is the Eagles loss to the Rams.  I think with the Eagles securing practice facilities out west and coming off a bad loss that they'll be ready for the Rams. 

I actually think the chances of the Browns beating the Pack are decent.  Just chuck it up there dawg to Gordon and they'll win.  Hudley is terrible.  Like barley 3rd string terrible. 

The last on the list, Vikings winning in Carolina?  From what I've seen our D isn't over pursuing the QB.  IF they do that and force Cam to win by throwing the ball I don't think it will be that bad of a game.  The only way we lose to Carolina is if Cam has a great day rushing. 

Vikings W
Falcons at home over New Orleans
Rams at home over Eagles 
Jaguars at home over Seattle

Vikings 11-2, NFC North Locked Up
LA 10-3 
Philly 10-3
New Orleans 9-4

That would mean only one W and one LA loss from locking up a BYE. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
The least likely in that list to happen is the Eagles loss to the Rams.  I think with the Eagles securing practice facilities out west and coming off a bad loss that they'll be ready for the Rams. 

I actually think the chances of the Browns beating the Pack are decent.  Just chuck it up there dawg to Gordon and they'll win.  Hudley is terrible.  Like barley 3rd string terrible. 

The last on the list, Vikings winning in Carolina?  From what I've seen our D isn't over pursuing the QB.  IF they do that and force Cam to win by throwing the ball I don't think it will be that bad of a game.  The only way we lose to Carolina is if Cam has a great day rushing. 
I too believe that the winless Browns get their first W by beating GB. Their defense is better than leople believe, plus the return of Gordon gives them a considerable offensive threat

The key matchup in the Browns v. Packers is the Browns D against Brett Hundley. I like that matchup. The Browns, for all of their frustrations, have a young, promising D.

Quote: @Skodin said:
@AGRforever said:

I too believe that the winless Browns get their first W by beating GB. Their defense is better than leople believe, plus the return of Gordon gives them a considerable offensive threat

I hope you are right, but I watched part of that game yesterday Browns vs. Chargers.  It seemed the Browns can't get out of their own way.  They drove in to Chargers territory twice late to bring it within a 1 score game and turned the ball over both times.  One was a horrible interception by Kiser.  I am not sure if that guy isn't a bit color blind.

As for the Packers, they are currently 2 games out of playoff spot (I believe). Even if they manage to win out, they'll still need a lot of help. One more loss essentially closes their playoff dreams, I think (hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

Regardless, I 100% agree with you, GO BROWNS!!!

I need to add a #4 to your list, VR...
#4--Matt Kalil needs to FINALLY meet The 100% REAL Everson Griffen.

Rhodes will be in crisis mode on Sunday.  The Panthers do not have a receiver worthy of his attention.  Funchess? Really? I'm a Michigan fan and even I don't think he is a number 1 receiver.  Rhodes may ask to cover Olsen. Or McCaffrey. Maybe he will try to cover any two receivers who line up close to each other.
I do not see Carolina beating us through the air. So will they  rely on their run game to win?  That's typically not a formula for success against this defense.  No, I don't think Carolina's offense can win this game. We do not give up many big plays and Cam is not accurate enough to pick us apart.
Actually, I think Carolina will need their defense to score or at least set up their offense in really good field position several times.  If the Vikings' offense is even as good as it was yesterday and they do not turn it over, I see another road win.

I believe the Eagles are very over-rated, and the Rams are the second-best team in the NFC.  So I expect the Rams to win.

SmashmouthD NFC Team Rankings

1) Your Minnesota Vikings
2) Rams
3) Saints
4) Tie - Seahawks & Eagles (Seahawks would be much better if not for some injured defenders.  And will they ever fix that O-Line?)
6) Panthers