Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings now have #2 defense in NFL and #5 offense
Quote: @Maple Surple said:
& against a lot of teams with winning records too
And teams on winning streaks. The Vikings seem to smack people back to reality.

when you hold a team like Atlanta to three field goals and Matt Ryan to zero touchdowns, that tells you your defense is pretty special.

In their house.  Yes it is.

Quote: @Poiple said:
I have a habit of going to other team’s message boards days before and after the games.

The really surprising thing is that even at 10-2 and number seed, people refuse to believe they are that good. They find reasons to overlook the Vikes at every turn.  Many on the Iggles boards would rather play the Vikes than any of the other top NFC teams.

Its astounding that at this point the Vikes are still sneaking up on them.
And that's fine. We know it's more than hype. It's legit. If some other team wants to underestimate the Vikings, so be it. The important thing is to make them pay for it.

Quote: @Sir Viking Bob VWO said:
THE ZIM REAPERS ARE BACK!!!

Now there is a name I like.  THE ZIM REAPERS would look good on a T Shirt.

I think the Vikes were on tv for most of the country the last 3 games. If people can't see how good this team is they don't know shiet about football.

the thing is, our D is IMPROVING against O's that are the top O's in the league. We shutdown the Rams which were blowing up with 30's and 40's per game before us, then we shutdown matty ice who had scored in the redzone 30 games in a row. That is INCREDIBLE.
We may give up yards in between the 30's, but we don't give up points.

And it's going the right direction.  I just checked on the team D stats (overall YPG), and the #1 Defense is JAX...but they gave up more YPG than their average (not much, it was Indy, but it was more).  With our #2 overall D, we gave up less YPG than our average (not much, but it was ATL...!!!).  Depending on what happens tonight with PIT, we should still be #2, but the margin should be tighter.  

We are going the right direction...dare I say...peaking at the end of the season?

2nd in points allowed...

9th in points scored...