Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everson Griffen says Vikings pass rush ‘scared’ Falcons QB Matt Ryan
Quote: @prairieghost said:
There's gonna come a day when Vikings fans are going to like and WANT their players to be brash, bold, and loud talkers. They may have to win a Superbowl or two first, though.... Big Grin
In contrast, a Packers fan would eat that shit up, belch, and cheer for more....

I guess it's just not really my style.  There have been some pretty dominant teams recently. Obviously, the Patriots are the top of that list and really stand alone.  They are not a big shit-talking team. Seattle was pretty dominant for a couple of years and is still a dangerous team.  They talk a bit of shit. Recently, (not this year) Denver's defense has been awesome.  Again, not a lot of shit-talking. (Aqib Talib is an idiot and an outlier.) I guess I am more impressed by the teams that just get it done and say we beat a good team.
And I am talking about what they say before and after the game. They can be as fired up as they like during the game. But what are they saying off the field? 

Quote: @dadevike said:
@prairieghost said:
There's gonna come a day when Vikings fans are going to like and WANT their players to be brash, bold, and loud talkers. They may have to win a Superbowl or two first, though.... Big Grin
In contrast, a Packers fan would eat that shit up, belch, and cheer for more....

I guess it's just not really my style.  There have been some pretty dominant teams recently. Obviously, the Patriots are the top of that list and really stand alone.  They are not a big shit-talking team. Seattle was pretty dominant for a couple of years and is still a dangerous team.  They talk a bit of shit. Recently, (not this year) Denver's defense has been awesome.  Again, not a lot of shit-talking. (Aqib Talib is an idiot and an outlier.) I guess I am more impressed by the teams that just get it done and say we beat a good team.
And I am talking about what they say before and after the game. They can be as fired up as they like during the game. But what are they saying off the field? 
It's not my style either, Dade. I agree with you, just noting the arrogance of a said fan base we all love to hate Wink I haven't forgotten their declaration at the beginning of the season that they were going to win a SB in US Bank before we do.

It's not my style either, Dade. I agree with you, just noting the arrogance of a said fan base we all love to hate Wink I haven't forgotten their declaration at the beginning of the season that they were going to win a SB in US Bank before we do.
I had forgotten about that. I guess all that shit-talk stopped when Barr took out Rodgers.  Then it was all crying and hand wringing. How stupid does their previous statement sound now?

@dadevike said:
@prairieghost said:

It isn't my style either.  I like the, do your job and give the team credit.  But all in all, I think EG has his role with this talk.  I suspect Zimmer would have shut him down if he didn't approve of it.  But EG has earned his right to be the spokesman.  He has bought in 100%, he is a stud, and I think Zimmer approves of the confidence and swagger he brings to the D.  If we are going to win the whole damn thing, we need the D to be confident and have that swagger. 

If our D had any weakness, I wouldn't like it.  But our D is the best in the league right now.  Stats wise, we are #2?  But we marched into their house and left them with our fans doing the skol chant.  Our D held them to 3 FGs.  In their house.  Best WR in the league had 2 catches. 

As Zimmer said post game, the team is starting to believe.  Believe in what?  Their own greatness?  No, in that they can be great.  They do their job, and the greatness will come.  They know they haven't proven anything, they haven't achieved the goal.  But they now see that the goal is within view if they continue to do their job.  They can shut down anyone, in a variety of fashions.