Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Matt Lauer canned at NBC for inappropriate workplace behavior
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Now its Garrison Keillor, fired now from Minnesota public radio over allegations of inappropriate behavior

GTFO

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Now its Garrison Keillor, fired now from Minnesota public radio over allegations of inappropriate behavior

Seriously?  I hadn't seen that (yet)...

Shit is just crazy...it's like everyday a new batch of allegations.

Oh there are a LOT more coming down the pike. A LOT more and many MANY big names are going to drop. 

@"BarrNone55" said:
Quote:
JFC...how fucking hard is it to not act like a fucking tool at work?
Apparently it's quite difficult for some. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Just the tip you say?

Tell me again why we should listen to anything the entertainment industry says in regards to morality?  Such an industry riddled with predators and open "secrets" has no business preaching to the rest of us who do not act this way.   

And with this shitty behavior it will or has already come down to the fools that will cry wolf..."it's the media stirring shit"! That's a fucking cop out and a poor judgement of character. I've worked as a Salon owner and stylist for nearly 30 yrs and there's not a single time I did an inappropriate thing with a female client and I am straight! These predators if found to be guilty are getting what they deserve!

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Oh there are a LOT more coming down the pike. A LOT more and many MANY big names are going to drop. 

Garrison Keillor fired by MPR: 'I put my hand on a woman's bare back,' he saysGarrison Keillor, whose soothing voice and gentle humor helped define the world’s view of Minnesota, has been dropped by Minnesota Public Radio for “inappropriate behavior” toward a co-worker.
MPR said Wednesday it is severing all ties to the longtime host of radio’s “A Prairie Home Companion.” The show, which he handed off last year to hand-picked successor Chris Thile, will be retitled — Keillor holds the trademark — and his old broadcasts no longer will be aired.
Officials at the network would not comment beyond a statement saying they were notified last month of allegations relating to Keillor’s conduct while he was responsible for producing “PHC.”
“I put my hand on a woman’s bare back,” he told the Star Tribune by e-mail minutes after MPR’s statement. “I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”
The 75-year-old humorist who helped build MPR into a dynasty seemed more resigned and defensive than apologetic.
http://www.startribune.com/garrison-keil...0802703/#1

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
JFC...how fucking hard is it to not act like a fucking tool at work?
Lauer's been a known tool from day 1.  It's the "fucking" part that was the trouble. 

So, are NBC viewers ready to get Megyn Kelly inflicted on them for the entire 3 hours every day?  On the plus side, hopefully then she'll be too busy to ruin any more Dateline episodes.