Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else looking ahead?
Quote: @"PapaScott" said:
It's hard not to think about the possibility of the "perfect storm" of having Minnesota play in their home stadium.  It's expected that the financial impact of the Superbowl is 400 million for the host market.  What impact would it be if the home team is in the Superbowl? if the home team had home field advantage throughout the playoffs? A lot of season ticket holders could pay off their PSL's a few times over just on the Superbowl.  I would imagine that if the Vikings were to have home field advantage there would be fans that would come in and stay for the week divisional-championship round.  I would imagine if they get through that, you would have an influx of Vikings fans leading up to the Superbowl.  I think you would have thousands of fans that would be willing to stand outside the stadium and watch it on screens.  A Billion dollar superbowl in a Billion dollar stadium.  Poor Vikings fans... conditioned to wonder about the possibilities, the what if's, and coulda shoulda woulda.  Conditioned to Ponder next year.  Conditioned over and over and over again with high hopes only to be let down.  No team has ever even played in the conference championship when they have "hosted" the Superbowl so if we put our hopes into that perspective, should temper the "other shoe is going to drop" feeling.   Could you imagine 15,000 fans outside US bank stadium for the Superbowl doing the SKOL chant? being able to hear the SKOL chant outside the stadium reminiscent of the Odin chant from years past?   The groans of 100,000 Vikings fans, the pangs of heartbreak waiting to be avenged.  I know where I will be Superbowl Sunday, how about you? 

https://youtu.be/mav2kkvakGY
I believe SB tickets are not allocated to the teams in the SB - at least not very many.  Just because a viking fan has a PSL doesn't give them any rights to purchase a SB ticket.

Most SB tickets go to sponsors and highest bidder.  The teams in the SB and host city get very little consideration/rights to tickets.

From WCCO:
According to the NFL, 35 percent of the tickets have gone to the teams playing in the game (17.5 percent to the AFC champion and 17.5 percent to the NFC champion). Another 6.2 percent has gone to the host city team and one-third (33.6 percent) are split between the 29 other teams. The NFL has kept about 25 percent for media, staff, a small lottery or anyone else it wants.
Teams decide who gets the tickets from owners to players to sponsors to coaches. There is generally a lottery for season ticket holders of the teams playing the game and host city. Lottery winners can buy tickets at face value.

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:
start looking  ahead and you lose. 
The OP is 60,  pretty sure he isnt playing the games so its probably ok for him to look ahead.   :p
So what does age matter?  I am 57. I go back a long ways too.
read it again....

wait for it.....

get it now?

Wink 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:
The OP is 60,  pretty sure he isnt playing the games so its probably ok for him to look ahead.   :p
read it again....

wait for it.....

get it now?

Wink 
LOL Yep Wink

@"PapaScott" said:
It's hard not to think about the possibility of the "perfect storm" of having Minnesota play in their home stadium.  It's expected that the financial impact of the Superbowl is 400 million for the host market.  What impact would it be if the home team is in the Superbowl? if the home team had home field advantage throughout the playoffs? A lot of season ticket holders could pay off their PSL's a few times over just on the Superbowl.  I would imagine that if the Vikings were to have home field advantage there would be fans that would come in and stay for the week divisional-championship round.  I would imagine if they get through that, you would have an influx of Vikings fans leading up to the Superbowl.  I think you would have thousands of fans that would be willing to stand outside the stadium and watch it on screens.  A Billion dollar superbowl in a Billion dollar stadium.  Poor Vikings fans... conditioned to wonder about the possibilities, the what if's, and coulda shoulda woulda.  Conditioned to Ponder next year.  Conditioned over and over and over again with high hopes only to be let down.  No team has ever even played in the conference championship when they have "hosted" the Superbowl so if we put our hopes into that perspective, should temper the "other shoe is going to drop" feeling.   Could you imagine 15,000 fans outside US bank stadium for the Superbowl doing the SKOL chant? being able to hear the SKOL chant outside the stadium reminiscent of the Odin chant from years past?   The groans of 100,000 Vikings fans, the pangs of heartbreak waiting to be avenged.  I know where I will be Superbowl Sunday, how about you? 

I believe SB tickets are not allocated to the teams in the SB - at least not very many.  Just because a viking fan has a PSL doesn't give them any rights to purchase a SB ticket.

Most SB tickets go to sponsors and highest bidder.  The teams in the SB and host city get very little consideration/rights to tickets.

From WCCO:
According to the NFL, 35 percent of the tickets have gone to the teams playing in the game (17.5 percent to the AFC champion and 17.5 percent to the NFC champion). Another 6.2 percent has gone to the host city team and one-third (33.6 percent) are split between the 29 other teams. The NFL has kept about 25 percent for media, staff, a small lottery or anyone else it wants.
Teams decide who gets the tickets from owners to players to sponsors to coaches. There is generally a lottery for season ticket holders of the teams playing the game and host city. Lottery winners can buy tickets at face value.

I dont know if the lottery has already taken place,  but I know 1 season ticket holder that has gotten a chance to buy SB tickets already.... if anybody plans on going I would get that kidney sold now before the rest of the Vikings fans flood that market and drive down the value of semi-viable harvested organs.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:
read it again....

wait for it.....

get it now?

Wink 
LOL Yep Wink
all in good fun,  now if it was PFaithful... well then it would be malicious.   B)

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:
@"PapaScott" said:

From WCCO:

I dont know if the lottery has already taken place,  but I know 1 season ticket holder that has gotten a chance to buy SB tickets already.... if anybody plans on going I would get that kidney sold now before the rest of the Vikings fans flood that market and drive down the value of semi-viable harvested organs.
well, you might be able to sell your left nut, but better option would be to sell one of your wife's eggs... But as you said better act now before the market floods

@"PapaScott" said:

From WCCO:

Ok  Some.

Quote: @"PapaScott" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"twgerber" said:
@"PapaScott" said:

From WCCO:

well, you might be able to sell your left nut, but better option would be to sell one of your wife's eggs... But as you said better act now before the market floods
anybody that has met my kids wouldnt buy her eggs... they are deviled!  

Sixteen franchises have had their chance, but only four have made the playoffs in the same season that its home stadium was hosting the Super Bowl. Their combined postseason record in those games is 3-7 with no appearances beyond the divisional round:

1970 Dolphins: 10-4 regular season, 0-1 playoffs
1978 Dolphins: 11-5 regular season, 0-1 playoffs
1994 Dolphins: 10-6 regular season, 1-1 playoffs
1998 Dolphins: 10-6 regular season, 1-1 playoffs
2000 Buccaneers: 10-6 regular season, 0-1 playoffs
2014 Cardinals: 11-5 regular season, 0-1 playoffs
2016 Texans: 9-7 regular season, 1-1 playoffs

Next two games are going to be tough.  It's always hard going on the road and both Atlanta and Carolina are pretty good.