Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone else looking ahead?
I know I shouldnt but I keep going there.
I am enjoying the season immensely and really like Case.  I am a fan of Teddy and Sam also.  I realize Case’s short comings but I really like watching him play.  The guy is a baller.  Reminds me of Chris Walsh.  But I keep wondering if he is the guy for the big game.  Im nearly 60 and have been a fan since I was 8 yo. I remember it all. No need to rehash it.  Many of you remember it all as well.

The season seems to be pretty clear with the Eagles and Vikings at the top of the NFC and the Steelers and Patriots at the top of the AFC. I dont expect much to change.  I cant help but wonder how the Vikings and Zimmer fare against Hoody and Brady.  Damn, I would love to beat them and doing it at home seems too much to hope for.

I just have very little feel for how we match up against them.

I think the way the NFC is seeded right now for the playoffs is going to change in the next 5 games. Too many teams playing each other yet. Will be fun to see how it goes down, for better or worse as a Vikings fan.

We cannot look past Atlanta.  They have a lot of talent. Just this week they remembered they have Julio Jones on their team. Damn!

Quote: @Poiple said:
I know I shouldnt but I keep going there.
I am enjoying the season immensely and really like Case.  I am a fan of Teddy and Sam also.  I realize Case’s short comings but I really like watching him play.  The guy is a baller.  Reminds me of Chris Walsh.  But I keep wondering if he is the guy for the big game.  Im nearly 60 and have been a fan since I was 8 yo. I remember it all. No need to rehash it.  Many of you remember it all as well.

The season seems to be pretty clear with the Eagles and Vikings at the top of the NFC and the Steelers and Patriots at the top of the AFC. I dont expect much to change.  I cant help but wonder how the Vikings and Zimmer fare against Hoody and Brady.  Damn, I would love to beat them and doing it at home seems too much to hope for.

I just have very little feel for how we match up against them.

At this point with the Vikings having a 9-2 record, it's really hard not to with all the possibilities of a deep run into the playoffs.

start looking  ahead and you lose. 

Enjoying the hell out of 9/2, fully expecting a crazy last quarter to the season. 5 games left out of 16 is a lot and a lot can still change. 

Look at Oakland last year. Nope, I won't look ahead. I had a cheesehead coworker come up to me and ask if I bought my SB tix yet? I told him to F off (nicely of course). 

Quote: @dadevike said:
We cannot look past Atlanta.  They have a lot of talent. Just this week they remembered they have Julio Jones on their team. Damn!
Julio Jones ABUSED a terrible Bucs secondary...  the Vikings don't have that issue.  We've held him in check before and I fully expect us to do it again.  Rhodes is the perfect CB to shut him down because he can match his size and speed.  I'm more worried about the Vikings stopping Freeman and Coleman out of the backfield.  If we can shut down those two, the Vikings can win this game...  EASILY.  It reminds me of how concerned everyone was in 2015 and we beat them 20-10 in Atlanta.  That game wasn't as close as the final score... Atlanta scored a TD with under 2 minutes remaining...
If I'm a betting man, the Vikings keep their win streak going and make it EIGHT STRAIGHT.
BOOM

Quote: @twgerber said:
The OP is 60,  pretty sure he isnt playing the games so its probably ok for him to look ahead.   :p

It's hard not to think about the possibility of the "perfect storm" of having Minnesota play in their home stadium.  It's expected that the financial impact of the Superbowl is 400 million for the host market.  What impact would it be if the home team is in the Superbowl? if the home team had home field advantage throughout the playoffs? A lot of season ticket holders could pay off their PSL's a few times over just on the Superbowl.  I would imagine that if the Vikings were to have home field advantage there would be fans that would come in and stay for the week divisional-championship round.  I would imagine if they get through that, you would have an influx of Vikings fans leading up to the Superbowl.  I think you would have thousands of fans that would be willing to stand outside the stadium and watch it on screens.  A Billion dollar superbowl in a Billion dollar stadium.  Poor Vikings fans... conditioned to wonder about the possibilities, the what if's, and coulda shoulda woulda.  Conditioned to Ponder next year.  Conditioned over and over and over again with high hopes only to be let down.  No team has ever even played in the conference championship when they have "hosted" the Superbowl so if we put our hopes into that perspective, should temper the "other shoe is going to drop" feeling.   Could you imagine 15,000 fans outside US bank stadium for the Superbowl doing the SKOL chant? being able to hear the SKOL chant outside the stadium reminiscent of the Odin chant from years past?   The groans of 100,000 Vikings fans, the pangs of heartbreak waiting to be avenged.  I know where I will be Superbowl Sunday, how about you? 

https://youtu.be/mav2kkvakGY

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@twgerber said:
The OP is 60,  pretty sure he isnt playing the games so its probably ok for him to look ahead.   :p
So what does age matter?  I am 57. I go back a long ways too.