Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with Pitt fanbase?
There are racial issues everywhere.  Yes, some fans will stoop to that level because that is what they are.  That goes both ways and is obviously wrong.

What I am talking about is general disgust for his brand of coaching.  I think there is lots of that, the racist stuff just piles on where ever it can get a willing ear.

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
i live near and work in the pittsburgh area. its the protests and the majority white population tired of being called racists for caring about our country and military. never before, thursday or otherwise, has the fan base been unwilling to 100% support the team. i think steelers fans are annoying as hell because i have to hear from them all the time. but until now no one couldve questioned their commitment to the team. 
I disagree, it doesn't seem to be a recent or political issue.  Goodell was concerned about the Steelers' fans not showing up to games back in 2014, and it wasn't a new issue even then.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/goode...ome-games/

The team averaged 8,189 no-shows per game in 2013, including a Sunday night game against the Bengals in December where over 19,000 people no-showed.

It’s Hockey season...?  Wink

Im not racist. I hate everyone equally. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
 I hear people harping on TJack and now Teddy for no reason.... whats the connection?
You could also say the same about Ponder and Cassel.  

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
 I hear people harping on TJack and now Teddy for no reason.... whats the connection?
I never heard anybody say that a white QB has no chance in the NFL....

@DeepFreeze05 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Yep. No one said Tim Tebow had no chance in the NFL.

Quote: @matt4787 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Read between the lines.  Nobody said he didn't have a chance because of his skin color.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@Vikeking2 said:
i live near and work in the pittsburgh area. its the protests and the majority white population tired of being called racists for caring about our country and military. never before, thursday or otherwise, has the fan base been unwilling to 100% support the team. i think steelers fans are annoying as hell because i have to hear from them all the time. but until now no one couldve questioned their commitment to the team. 
I disagree, it doesn't seem to be a recent or political issue.  Goodell was concerned about the Steelers' fans not showing up to games back in 2014, and it wasn't a new issue even then.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/goode...ome-games/

The team averaged 8,189 no-shows per game in 2013, including a Sunday night game against the Bengals in December where over 19,000 people no-showed.
And University of Pittsburgh is having the same problem

@matt4787 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@DeepFreeze05 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Read between the lines.  Nobody said he didn't have a chance because of his skin color.
And who said a QB had no chance based on skin color?