Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with Pitt fanbase?
I noticed last year's playoff game stadium half empty. Tonight's game...Stadium looks about 70% full... If Pittsburgh can't fill the stadium, the NFL is in big trouble.

A friend of mine is a Pittsburgh fan as his his father and uncle. He said they pretty much quit watching the Steelers because they don’t like Tomlin.
He said when Tomlin goes they will all start watching again.

I do think people are sick of the protest thing.  Vikings have not participated for the most part so US bank stadium is still full

Just strikes me as odd that a perennial power with multiple championships and rich history can't sell out. We're not talking fair weather LA fans or some cellar dwellers. Just some weird shift in demographics or something. Is it particular to Pittsburgh or is this  really the canary in the coal mine?

I think the stadium attendance lowering could be because of the fantasy football push. Instead of die hard fans of a team it is just people cheering for players and watching on TV. 

I think it's Thursday night in the eastern time zone in a blue collar city.

i live near and work in the pittsburgh area. its the protests and the majority white population tired of being called racists for caring about our country and military. never before, thursday or otherwise, has the fan base been unwilling to 100% support the team. i think steelers fans are annoying as hell because i have to hear from them all the time. but until now no one couldve questioned their commitment to the team. 

there is also a large portion of fans that dont like the coach. racial? i dont know. but i also dont know one steelers fan that respects the coach. 

Quote: @Vikeking2 said:
i live near and work in the pittsburgh area. its the protests and the majority white population tired of being called racists for caring about our country and military. never before, thursday or otherwise, has the fan base been unwilling to 100% support the team. i think steelers fans are annoying as hell because i have to hear from them all the time. but until now no one couldve questioned their commitment to the team. 

there is also a large portion of fans that dont like the coach. racial? i dont know. but i also dont know one steelers fan that respects the coach. 
Don't see that as racial.  I liked Tomlin when he was here.  But his actions as a head coach really irritate me.  The trying to get in the way on the sidelines, the constant rah rah wanting to be one of the guys, the lack of leadership in many ways really make me not care for him.  I just don't think his demeanor works well for a head coach.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vikeking2 said:

Don't see that as racial.  I liked Tomlin when he was here.  But his actions as a head coach really irritate me.  The trying to get in the way on the sidelines, the constant rah rah wanting to be one of the guys, the lack of leadership in many ways really make me not care for him.  I just don't think his demeanor works well for a head coach.
it could be racial... we dont know,   I remember plenty of Vikings "fans" comments about our QB in the early 00s 0s and I hear people harping on TJack and now Teddy for no reason.... whats the connection?

Quote: @greediron said:
@Vikeking2 said:

Some of their fans boards are pretty ugly when it comes to Tomlin and the comments are most definitely race based.