Well.... cross your fingers? 
yep,  thats a fair statement.

have a nice day Mike.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Mike Olson said:
Well.... cross your fingers? 
yep,  thats a fair statement.

have a nice day Mike.
Well I left it intentionally vague. Everyone just wants the team to win in the end and that's what we shouldn't lose focus on. We will find out soon enough which way they go. I think part of the problem is that we've all seen these types of situations go awry too often as viking fans. 

If Case plays great (similar to Washington, but without the
really bad ints) you have to keep riding him. 
If Case sucks, you move on the following game.  If Case is medium, you at some point need to
move over to Bridgewater just to see what he’s got.  I think Atlanta is the most likely game to do
it, as it would give him the long week to prepare rather than the short
week.  I don’t think you can wait until
too late in the year as at some point you need to make a decision and start preparing
for the post-season.

Maybe they'll keep Teddy on the bench the rest of the season so that they can offer him a 1 year deal to stay another year (prove it deal) and then sign Keenum as well for a year or two and let them battle it out in training camp this coming summer....*shrugs* I dunno....this situation is just difficult to call in either direction...

BTW...I hope the light sarcasm is evident in my post but I actually could see something like this shaking out, especially if Keenum does get us into the playoffs.

Quote: @medaille said:
If Case plays great (similar to Washington, but without the
really bad ints) you have to keep riding him. 
If Case sucks, you move on the following game.  If Case is medium, you at some point need to
move over to Bridgewater just to see what he’s got.  I think Atlanta is the most likely game to do
it, as it would give him the long week to prepare rather than the short
week.  I don’t think you can wait until
too late in the year as at some point you need to make a decision and start preparing
for the post-season.
Very possible.  Barr had a good point about starting detroit and then him having extra time to recover, see how the knee is.  But I just don't think starting on a short week is a good idea. 

A long week might just be the way to go.  Or as PG sez, could wait until next year.  Give him a 1 year extension and battle it out next training camp.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Maybe they'll keep Teddy on the bench the rest of the season so that they can offer him a 1 year deal to stay another year (prove it deal) and then sign Keenum as well for a year or two and let them battle it out in training camp this coming summer....*shrugs* I dunno....this situation is just difficult to call in either direction...

BTW...I hope the light sarcasm is evident in my post but I actually could see something like this shaking out, especially if Keenum does get us into the playoffs.
I'm not sure how likely your scenario is, but I think it's the best one possible.  A huge reason people want to get Teddy on the field is to basically find out if we want to give him a large contract this offseason or not.  If Teddy would agree to a 1 year deal, that would take away a lot of the urgency of forcing him into game action this season while Case is performing well and the Vikings are winning.

wouldn’t a short week with it literally 50/50 teddy or case give the lions more to think about regarding  planning, etc.  

i personally believe that Case starts but he doesn’t finish on Sunday.  If so, he’s got another victory under his belt and im happy regardless.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@prairieghost said:

I'm not sure how likely your scenario is, but I think it's the best one possible.  A huge reason people want to get Teddy on the field is to basically find out if we want to give him a large contract this offseason or not.  If Teddy would agree to a 1 year deal, that would take away a lot of the urgency of forcing him into game action this season while Case is performing well and the Vikings are winning.

Yup, it actually may be the best scenario SF, but I'm pretty sure neither QB would be happy with that. They'll both want to be "the guy" and they'll both expect the kind of money "the guy" gets....though that money amount isn't going to be top of the league money obviously. Maybe the team could pony up and pay them both a salary that would be team friendly but also an amount that would satisfy those guys as they both are in that "prove it" spot anyway.
I would think a Teddy B and a Case K combo would run less $$$ than 1 Sam Bradford deal would have....right?

Prairie ghost 
I like that idea! It would be nice having 2 solid QB's 
ok Rick make it happen  Smile