Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Romo as broadcaster....refreshing (IMO)

My favorite announcer.

I don't have a strong opinion on anybody who dislikes him, but... I absolutely love him as a commentator. Probably an age thing. Which is funny, because I'm usually the opposite when it comes to that millenial bullshit.

I like the football knowledge, but he just seems like such a likable guy. He's not polished, but will get there. But I don't really care.

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Put me in the "does he get paid by the word category?"... My first impression was very favorable... By the second quarter of the first game I was wishing he would STFU...
So much this....

But I also think that color commentators are useless.  To quote a Richard Jeni bit... Your watching it on TV all the guy has to say is..   "Did you see that?  So did I." 
A good color commentator should be saying, "Did you see that?  So did everyone, but what you might not have seen is this."  IOW, tell us about the subtle things we may have missed while looking at the main action.

There's times I forget its Tony...his voice goes at least 2 octaves highr as he get's more riled up. He's ok by me.

I don't mind him as well. Fuck Drew Pearson.

He's actually tolerable today...maybe he got decaf...

He's is better than most but definitely could talk a tad less.

Just said Marcus Peters make Deion Sanders look like a willing tackler! Truth in advertising.

Considering there are so many crappy commentators that make stupid jokes or don't know what the hell they are talking about, he sticks out in a good way. He doesn't his homework and knows his stuff. I really enjoy listening to him. I like his energy and his insight.