Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE Stephen Weatherly
Quote: @Neptizzle said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Neptizzle said:
We need to develop a few guys. Without BRob next year we will need talent and depth. Especially with our injury curse. The biggest need we have on D is an all around S to take over for sandejo and a 3-tech DT unless Jaleel is going to be that guy. On O we only need our G positions (Isi looks like the future) but continue to build the gut of our lines this offseason and we have a deeeeeeeeep team.
Pretty sure BROB wants 1 more year after this one.
thatd be great, but thought he and newman said this was it. regardless, the more young talent the better. 
Pops mentioned a year ago 2 more seasons after last year and he reiterated that sentiment prior to this season IIRC so I think B wants 1 more year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get it considering the role that Zimmer has created for him in this defense.

Quote: @rf54 said:
I have been surprised how much love Weatherly has gotten.  He looked terrible in preseason compared to Bowers.  I hope he can develop but by this time in Hunter's career, they couldn't keep him off the field. 
I don't think he's gotten much love, I just mentioned that the staff thinks he has pretty good potential. Which they do. He's obviously going to have to show this in games at some point soon. But so does Bowers. Preseason doesn't mean anything other than getting you on the roster. The organization and fans can like both. 

Weatherly, Bowers and Johnson. I feel strong that 2 out of the 3 will pan out to be starter level. If they could up to speed in regards to reliability and trust due to sound technique, imagine the rotation we could have. 5 DEs, 4 DTs working effectively. 

In the draft, we need to add one more beastly DT (first two rounds) to replace what we lost in Floyd

If we can soldify the QB position (healthy Teddy, Case and Kyle).  No need for a QB, WR, TE, or RB in FA or the first 3 rounds. We can grab one starting G, but most importantly a top 90 DT, and CB in the draft. Now that we have a deep strong D (last 3 years), I ALWAYS want to have a top defense

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Neptizzle said:
We need to develop a few guys. Without BRob next year we will need talent and depth. Especially with our injury curse. The biggest need we have on D is an all around S to take over for sandejo and a 3-tech DT unless Jaleel is going to be that guy. On O we only need our G positions (Isi looks like the future) but continue to build the gut of our lines this offseason and we have a deeeeeeeeep team.
Pretty sure BROB wants 1 more year after this one.
thatd be great, but thought he and newman said this was it. regardless, the more young talent the better. 
He took a pay cut for an extra year.  So I assume he wouldn't leave that on the table.

Quote: @Skodin said:
Weatherly, Bowers and Johnson. I feel strong that 2 out of the 3 will pan out to be starter level. If they could up to speed in regards to reliability and trust due to sound technique, imagine the rotation we could have. 5 DEs, 4 DTs working effectively. 

In the draft, we need to add one more beastly DT (first two rounds) to replace what we lost in Floyd

If we can soldify the QB position (healthy Teddy, Case and Kyle).  No need for a QB, WR, TE, or RB in FA or the first 3 rounds. We can grab one starting G, but most importantly a top 90 DT, and CB in the draft. Now that we have a deep strong D (last 3 years), I ALWAYS want to have a top defense
Honestly I worry most about losing Joseph at NT.  I think we need to be looking for a future beast at NT because our D is playing at a high level without a dominant 3 tech.  But we have struggled when we lost Joseph for a time.  Stephen is a good backup, but doesn't seem to be that anchor like LJ.

Weatherly was a 7th Round pick. Hunter was a 3rd Round pick. Comparing their rate of development doesn't make much sense to me.

As for future needs why does everyone discount TE? Rudolph aint exactly an All Pro and there's no other Receiving threat on the roster behind him.

Quote: @rf54 said:
I have been surprised how much love Weatherly has gotten.  He looked terrible in preseason compared to Bowers.  I hope he can develop but by this time in Hunter's career, they couldn't keep him off the field. 

Weatherly barely gets any mention.  He's not an object of love.

He is quick, but that's not enough.  He is still a work in progress.

Don't forget OT. I feel like Remmers and Reiff are having career years right now, but could be an aberration as easily as a trend. Can't get enough depth at that position.

when I said "love"  I meant that he made the roster all this year with little to no production.  Apparently somebody loves him cause he's on the 53 man roster and has been active almost weekly.