Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DE Stephen Weatherly
Word is the Vikings are very high on his potential, expect him to start rotating in for the 2018 season. 6'5", 270 lbs. Just 23 years old right now. He's built like a NFL 4-3 DE in today's game....a little thicker from the waist down than Hunter.

Easy to forget about some of these guys. Had to do a Google refresher on Weatherly:

Brainiac. Math and chess enthusiast. Was the captain of his high school's robotics team that went to the world championships. Plays 6 instruments. Mother graduated from Harvard...AND MIT. On the field a bit of an Anthony Barr clone. Nearly 6-5, 265. Very long arms and the frame to add more weight. Tested as 7th most athletic lineman in the draft behind Joey Bosa. In college, played 43 DE, then 34 LB, specialized in A gap blitzes. 

Just keep crankin' 'em out...

Been hoping he'd develop. Imagine if both him and Bowers pan out!

He was supposed to be getting about 30% of the snaps...I know he got dinged, but even before that he wasn't seeing much time...

We need to develop a few guys. Without BRob next year we will need talent and depth. Especially with our injury curse. The biggest need we have on D is an all around S to take over for sandejo and a 3-tech DT unless Jaleel is going to be that guy. On O we only need our G positions (Isi looks like the future) but continue to build the gut of our lines this offseason and we have a deeeeeeeeep team.

Quote: @Neptizzle said:
We need to develop a few guys. Without BRob next year we will need talent and depth. Especially with our injury curse. The biggest need we have on D is an all around S to take over for sandejo and a 3-tech DT unless Jaleel is going to be that guy. On O we only need our G positions (Isi looks like the future) but continue to build the gut of our lines this offseason and we have a deeeeeeeeep team.
Pretty sure BROB wants 1 more year after this one.

He needs some moves.  Good bull rush, but he only has an outside move.  Needs a swim move, a rip and a spin to mix things up.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Neptizzle said:
Pretty sure BROB wants 1 more year after this one.
thatd be great, but thought he and newman said this was it. regardless, the more young talent the better. 

I have been surprised how much love Weatherly has gotten.  He looked terrible in preseason compared to Bowers.  I hope he can develop but by this time in Hunter's career, they couldn't keep him off the field. 

I should add, that he has all the measureables, and looks like he should be a beast, I just don't see the quick twitch, or the stacked moves that are needed a a pass rusher