Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How The Vikings Got Murray Going
Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I like that Shumur adapted the run game to what suits each guy...crazy...
That really is what stuck out for me.  So we have a two-headed monster, neither being big and bad and fierce, but as teams try to game plan us, they now have to plan for possible power running game or the zone blocking.  And will likely have to face both in the same game.  Good coaching, smart lineman.  Gotta love options.

I had to chuckle at the first animated gif tho.  The markup shows Reiff blocking the DE on the backside of the run.  But watch the animation.  He simply blocks Rudolph in the back.

Our line is now a thing of beauty. NEVER saw that coming, especially this quickly...
Also, props to CJ Ham and David Morgan. They are turning out to be valuable pieces in the run game. Both are doing a great job.
Danny Isidora...I really love this kid. He walked into the game on Sunday and made everything seamless. GREAT pick that I also didn't see contributing so soon like this. After all, he wasn't one of the names bandied around either here or by the talking heads and mock draft sites.
I also love Elflein. He gives our line an attitude. Smart, smart player who is very athletic and flat out puts people on their asses. LOVE IT.

Murray has shown good vision and athleticism against Balt. He had some really nice holes to run through.  i also like that he finished a couple short runs nicely.  i dont know anout L-train, but he looked like a #1 back to me

Person not mentioned to much is Sparano,it appears he is doing an excellent job.

Quote: @Norse said:
Person not mentioned to much is Sparano,it appears he is doing an excellent job.
Yep. Many on here last season wanted him gutted and hung out to dry. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Question, is it Sparano?  Or the offensive scheme?  Or both? 

Quote: @greediron said:

One part Spielman, one part Shurmur, one part Sparano...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@greediron said:

One part Spielman, one part Shurmur, one part Sparano...
Mix in some solid Reiff, an Elf and Remmers it well.

Elflein is strong and athletic, great combo. Feisty and sturdy Ohio State lineman stock. Smart. Stupid crazy he fell in the Draft to where he did. 

Sidenote: If you think Easton is the 303 lbs. he's listed on the Vikings.com roster, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. He's not a pound under 315+. He and Isidora next year, another squat and nimble MFer, at guards in 2018 and draft a RT to compete with Remmers (yes, I know...he's playing better) and watch the hell out.

Quote: @Norse said:
Amazing how good a coach looks when he's got some decent chess pieces. Players make the coaches in the NFL. Ask Mike McCarthy.