Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How The Vikings Got Murray Going

Much as the media hypes 113 yards (L-train? ugh)  I don't sense a lot of fan engagement, buzz regarding Murray.  Certainly no vitrol, but it's just kinda crickets with the fans.

I trace it to the energy/buzz that was building around Dalvin and a slow start from Murray.

Will be interesting to watch how the 2nd 1/2 of the season unfolds for him. The last game was certainly a positive and we'll need him to pair with Jet to give us some balance offensively 

Dalvin Cook getting injured was a big buzz kill for me. Murray is just a guy, but he can have some success. I think McKinnon would play more, as he's more physically talented, but his innate running skills are lacking: he leaves yards on the field consistently. Murray is more instinctive and will hit the holes where he should be hitting them. 

I like that Shumur adapted the run game to what suits each guy...crazy...

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet  7m7 minutes ago
More
Ian Rapoport Retweeted Aditi Kinkhabwala
The #Vikings depth has been incredible. QB, RB. Their offseason work is paying off.
Ian Rapoport added,
Aditi KinkhabwalaVerified account @AKinkhabwalaHere's a crazy stat: since RB Dalvin Cook tore his ACL, #Vikings have INCREASED their rushing output. 108 rush ypg Weeks 1-4, 146.7 since

Quote: @StickyBun said:
More
The #Vikings depth has been incredible. QB, RB. Their offseason work is paying off.
Ian Rapoport added,
[url=https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/923170172227158018][/url]
Aditi KinkhabwalaVerified account @AKinkhabwalaHere's a crazy stat: since RB Dalvin Cook tore his ACL, #Vikings have INCREASED their rushing output. 108 rush ypg Weeks 1-4, 146.7 since

The increase could and probably is for a large part a result of the line coming together as a unit.  Hard to say.  Kind of like chess.  All the components play off of each other in a good/great offense and the effect is devastating to the defense when all components are clicking.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
@StickyBun said:
More
Ian Rapoport added,
[url=https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/923170172227158018][/url]

The increase could and probably is for a large part a result of the line coming together as a unit.  Hard to say.  Kind of like chess.  All the components play off of each other in a good/great offense and the effect is devastating to the defense when all components are clicking.
Its definitely the offensive line. 

Yup, the OL is starting to come together and Shurmur is calling plays that suit their abilities...

It appears to me that Latavius is simply getting better and better (recovering from his injury).  He's been a little bit more shift each week... and running with a little bit more confidence each week.  I don't think he'll ever be as dynamic as Cook... but I do think that he'll be plenty good enough to carry the running game the rest of the way.

Sorry to interject....but who the Hell is Aditi Kinkhabwala...

Nevermind...I googled it....

Aditi Kinkhabwala is an American sports reporter for NFL Network.

She HAS to hold the record for most Anagrams....

Anagrams for: Aditi Kinkhabwala

11089 found.

Displaying first 500:

Databank Hail Kiwi

Baa Tailwind Khaki

A Dahlia Batik Wink

A Await Khaki Blind

A Bandit Khaki Wail

A Tibial Kinda Hawk

A Tibial Wand Khaki....