Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wentz Midseason MVP?
Quote: @Ralphie said:
@StickyBun said:
Wentz looks really good, like a veteran. Smooth and poised. Great NFL QB body and athleticism. Excellent arm. Just what you'd want at the position. 

Yup.  At least at QB.  Fournette's having an awesome year too...
If you're referring to MVP, at this point I'd put Fournette more in the running for Off. Rookie of the Year.  Although, missing too much time to injury could hurt his chances.  I'd say he's in the race with Watson and Hunt as it is right now.  It sucks for Dalvin since he appeared to be on a path to be in it too.

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
@Ralphie said:
@StickyBun said:
Wentz looks really good, like a veteran. Smooth and poised. Great NFL QB body and athleticism. Excellent arm. Just what you'd want at the position. 

Yup.  At least at QB.  Fournette's having an awesome year too...
If you're referring to MVP, at this point I'd put Fournette more in the running for Off. Rookie of the Year.  Although, missing too much time to injury could hurt his chances.  I'd say he's in the race with Watson and Hunt as it is right now.  It sucks for Dalvin since he appeared to be on a path to be in it too.

Agreed.  ROTY is more likely for Fournette.  He's just missed last week and with a bye should be back. 
But I posted a week or so ago, I've seen Carson play a couple of games now and he just doesn't look like a 2 season starter.  Yeah, he's missing a few reads, but the kid is a winner.  Philly actually got it right at QB this time.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
he just doesn't look like a 2 season starter.  Yeah, he's missing a few reads, but the kid is a winner.  Philly actually got it right at QB this time.
I am a bit surprised how well he's doing this quickly.  At the same time though, it did feel like a lot of the draft pundits were wanting to brush him off due to the level he played at, despite leading the best of the best in FCS.  I do think most of that was early, before they'd watched tape or seen his combine & workouts.

Being in the area I usually watch a lot of the NDSU games and I saw him as
better than Brock Jensen, but I wasn't so sure how much better.  Like
Wentz, Jensen was a tough gamer that brought it all as well, especially
in big games.  Unlike Wentz though, he couldn't even earn an NFL practice squad spot or stay on a CFL roster.  So I guess teams and scouts get it right at least some of the time.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:
Matchup wise, Eagles Vs Vikings could be a very good one. I would imagine the gameplan would be similar to the one deployed vs Green Bay. 

Harrison vs Ertz (two of the best at their position)
Rhodes vs Jeffery (Rhodes closed in a familar battle)
Barr spying on Wentz (Not Rodgers yet but close in ability)
Their rushing attack vs our run D (we do well vs Big Backs like Blount)

the loss of Peters will be huge as the Philly OL looks suspect which is why we would have an advantage versus their O. Question would be, can our O be healthy enough to get past their defense.  The development or strong play of Waynes or Mac Man could be the deciding factor as they could cancel out any potential offense they could have

Come late January, we could find out
this is what I am thinking of when I say we need to see what Teddy can do.  I dont see anyway that Case can lead the team over a quality opponent.  this run weve been on is fun and all,  but lets be honest in saying we havent really faced much in terms of quality opponents and the 1 that we did face was quickly without their starting QB.  We are going to need a real QB to beat quality balanced teams.   Hell even the Redskins IMO are going to be a tough out if we dont have more of a passing game.
well I disagre that Case can't lead us over a quality opponent.  He can, but and has IMO, but not at the level we need to make a playoff run.  He is limited, but has done well limiting his mistakes.  Detroit was a tough loss and much of that was because of poor QB play.  He can win, but as we saw against Baltimore, our D has to play tough and the special teams have to pick up the slack.  Would be nice to have the offense carry the load more often tho.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:
Matchup wise, Eagles Vs Vikings could be a very good one. I would imagine the gameplan would be similar to the one deployed vs Green Bay. 

Harrison vs Ertz (two of the best at their position)
Rhodes vs Jeffery (Rhodes closed in a familar battle)
Barr spying on Wentz (Not Rodgers yet but close in ability)
Their rushing attack vs our run D (we do well vs Big Backs like Blount)

the loss of Peters will be huge as the Philly OL looks suspect which is why we would have an advantage versus their O. Question would be, can our O be healthy enough to get past their defense.  The development or strong play of Waynes or Mac Man could be the deciding factor as they could cancel out any potential offense they could have

Come late January, we could find out
this is what I am thinking of when I say we need to see what Teddy can do.  I dont see anyway that Case can lead the team over a quality opponent.  this run weve been on is fun and all,  but lets be honest in saying we havent really faced much in terms of quality opponents and the 1 that we did face was quickly without their starting QB.  We are going to need a real QB to beat quality balanced teams.   Hell even the Redskins IMO are going to be a tough out if we dont have more of a passing game.
well I disagre that Case can't lead us over a quality opponent.  He can, but and has IMO, but not at the level we need to make a playoff run.  He is limited, but has done well limiting his mistakes.  Detroit was a tough loss and much of that was because of poor QB play.  He can win, but as we saw against Baltimore, our D has to play tough and the special teams have to pick up the slack.  Would be nice to have the offense carry the load more often tho.
He has done very little the last 3 weeks to contribute to the wins.  That won't fly the last 8 weeks or in  the playoffs.

I'd say Wentz has to seriously considered a MVP candidate.  He can to it all and is doing it all.  He throws deep, short, medium, and be so illusive to the pass rush.  It's unbelievable the plays he's making.

I live in Fargo so I watched quite of bit of him at NDSU.  No way did I predict he'd be this good this soon.  He's just a very talented young guy who works his ass off to be great.  It's working too.

I think his character and personality are going to serve him well also.  He seems like a guy that is tough to hate... perhaps not unlike another upper-midwest guy, Thielen, or even Teddy.  He doesn't appear to have that cocky, douchebag, self-entitled air to him that we see often from the upper echelon at the position.

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
I think his character and personality are going to serve him well also.  He seems like a guy that is tough to hate... perhaps not unlike another upper-midwest guy, Thielen, or even Teddy.  He doesn't appear to have that cocky, douchebag, self-entitled air to him that we see often from the upper echelon at the position.
He's in Philly now... I am sure it will rub off on him eventually.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@CLOBIMON said:
 Wentz will throw the game as a Life long Viking fan Smile

Lived in Philly and at the time been to about 15 Eagles Games.

Now live 2 hours from philly and been to about 4 Eagles games at the Link.

Worst fans ever and can back that up over and over again.  Partied with them in South Philly when I lived there we looked for trouble and fights after drinking at 8 am in the morning and playing tackle football about 10 minutes from the stadium at 30 years old (yeah I know???)  By the time we got to the game....whatever..this was right before the court system in the stadium and the fans have not become better.

Just sat by my fire pit talking to my neighbor who made the trip to Philly last night for MNF..said he never say worst fans ever!

Quote: @minny65 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@CLOBIMON said:
 Wentz will throw the game as a Life long Viking fan Smile

Lived in Philly and at the time been to about 15 Eagles Games.

Now live 2 hours from philly and been to about 4 Eagles games at the Link.

Worst fans ever and can back that up over and over again.  Partied with them in South Philly when I lived there we looked for trouble and fights after drinking at 8 am in the morning and playing tackle football about 10 minutes from the stadium at 30 years old (yeah I know???)  By the time we got to the game....whatever..this was right before the court system in the stadium and the fans have not become better.

Just sat by my fire pit talking to my neighbor who made the trip to Philly last night for MNF..said he never say worst fans ever!
Philly...great sandwich,  crappy sports fans.