Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wentz Midseason MVP?
Carson Wentz - QB - EaglesCarson Wentz completed 17-of-25 passes for 268 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception in the Eagles' 34-24, Week 7 win over the Redskins on Monday night.

Wentz now leads the league with 17 passing touchdowns, two more than Tom Brady, Alex Smith, and Deshaun Watson. After not having a single three-touchdown passing game in his first 20 career starts, Wentz has accomplished the feat in back-to-back-to-back weeks, with 11 touchdown passes total in that span. He's put himself squarely in the MVP conversation as the quarterback on the league's best team. Wentz's night started inauspiciously with an interception on the opening drive, but it was all good from there. His first score was a 64-yard bomb to rookie Mack Hollins, the second a flat route to Zach Ertz near the goal line, the third a short fade to Corey Clement, and the fourth a laser strike to Nelson Agholor. Wentz gets another dream matchup next week at home against a hapless 49ers defense. Wentz is a legit QB1 moving forward.

Hard to argue against him...kid is en fuego...

Eagles LT Jason Peters was carted off Week 7 against the Redskins with a right knee injury.
His knee got hit from the outside and bent inward in a gruesome way. He writhed on the field in pain before trainers had to fit him for an air cast and eventually cart him off the field. It's almost surely a season-ending injury for the 35-year-old. Halapoulivaati Vaitai has replaced Peters at left tackle.

This won't help...

Wentz looks really good, like a veteran. Smooth and poised. Great NFL QB body and athleticism. Excellent arm. Just what you'd want at the position. 

There seems to be an uptick in good, young talent at the position...Wentz, Goff, Watson, Prescott...we need to tap into that vein next season...

Matchup wise, Eagles Vs Vikings could be a very good one. I would imagine the gameplan would be similar to the one deployed vs Green Bay. 

Harrison vs Ertz (two of the best at their position)
Rhodes vs Jeffery (Rhodes closed in a familar battle)
Barr spying on Wentz (Not Rodgers yet but close in ability)
Their rushing attack vs our run D (we do well vs Big Backs like Blount)

the loss of Peters will be huge as the Philly OL looks suspect which is why we would have an advantage versus their O. Question would be, can our O be healthy enough to get past their defense.  The development or strong play of Waynes or Mac Man could be the deciding factor as they could cancel out any potential offense they could have

Come late January, we could find out

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
There seems to be an uptick in good, young talent at the position...Wentz, Goff, Watson, Prescott...we need to tap into that vein next season...

Good for the Eagles for the move. Goff and Prescott are the most surprising to me...

NFL is going to need a new group of young guns. Brady is 40 and while Rogers is only 33, that aint a spring chicken in nfl years. 

Too bad there isn't a Viking among that group, always the bridesmaids when it comes to qb's.  

Rogers turns 34 in about a month(Dec 2).  Hey, every year counts.

Quote: @Skodin said:
Matchup wise, Eagles Vs Vikings could be a very good one. I would imagine the gameplan would be similar to the one deployed vs Green Bay. 

the loss of Peters will be huge as the Philly OL looks suspect which is why we would have an advantage versus their O. Question would be, can our O be healthy enough to get past their defense.  The development or strong play of Waynes or Mac Man could be the deciding factor as they could cancel out any potential offense they could have

this is what I am thinking of when I say we need to see what Teddy can do.  I dont see anyway that Case can lead the team over a quality opponent.  this run weve been on is fun and all,  but lets be honest in saying we havent really faced much in terms of quality opponents and the 1 that we did face was quickly without their starting QB.  We are going to need a real QB to beat quality balanced teams.   Hell even the Redskins IMO are going to be a tough out if we dont have more of a passing game.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Skodin said:

this is what I am thinking of when I say we need to see what Teddy can do.  I dont see anyway that Case can lead the team over a quality opponent.  this run weve been on is fun and all,  but lets be honest in saying we havent really faced much in terms of quality opponents and the 1 that we did face was quickly without their starting QB.  We are going to need a real QB to beat quality balanced teams.   Hell even the Redskins IMO are going to be a tough out if we dont have more of a passing game.
Agree, until I see Case making multiple reads and hitting second and maybe third choices with accuracy I see a decent backup QB.  But he can improve in the system so I am holding out hope.  I will say that I did not see much improvement from his full start GB game to the Ravens game.  We will need big improvement from him, Teddy or Sam back to be playoff run contenders - IMO. 

Also, the lack of sacks and interceptions benefit from Case going first read or throw away/run.  If he took the time for more reads those stats would also go up in a negative way but again when we play better teams he is going to have to play better.  Our Defense is only going to carry so far.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Wentz looks really good, like a veteran. Smooth and poised. Great NFL QB body and athleticism. Excellent arm. Just what you'd want at the position. 

Yup.  At least at QB.  Fournette's having an awesome year too...