Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, what's the deal with this offensive line depth?
Quote: @FSUVike said:
All I know is that Hill is one massive frigging dude. Like, eclipse-causing wide body type stuff. And man did he pair effectively with Danny Boy yesterday.
Yea Spelly stole Hill from the Jags practice squad what a good find for depth along with the trade for Sirles and Easton.  

Hill got all that sweet playing time in preseason because of Reiff's injury, paid off yesterday. Long arms. Pretty obvious Isidora's star is on the rise and he'll be given a strong shot to take over Berger's OG spot on the starting line next season. Talented school in Miami. Built like a NFL guard should be, stout and thick.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
The injuries are starting to pile up. Bye week can't get here fast enough. 
Courtney Cronin ESPN Staff Writer 
Vikings O-Line took a beating yesterday, but Mike Zimmer doesn't think injuries to Jeremiah Sirles, Riley Reiff are "anything serious."‬ Danny Isidora played 29 snaps in place of Sirles while Rashod Hill filled in on 19 plays for Reiff. The left tackle's injury was less noticeable because there was no timeout for an injury.
Hopefully this means that we'll have both available for the game against the Browns.  If not, I feel Hill and Isidora played well enough that we should be good for one more game before the bye week.  Also, Reiff was still in his pads and was standing on the sidelines after he went out.  I think taking him out was more precautionary given the score and timing during the game.  If he was hurt worse, he would have been sitting on the sidelines or been back in the locker room.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
Vikings O-Line took a beating yesterday, but Mike Zimmer doesn't think injuries to Jeremiah Sirles, Riley Reiff are "anything serious."‬ Danny Isidora played 29 snaps in place of Sirles while Rashod Hill filled in on 19 plays for Reiff. The left tackle's injury was less noticeable because there was no timeout for an injury.
Hopefully this means that we'll have both available for the game against the Browns.  If not, I feel Hill and Isidora played well enough that we should be good for one more game before the bye week.  Also, Reiff was still in his pads and was standing on the sidelines after he went out.  I think taking him out was more precautionary given the score and timing during the game.  If he was hurt worse, he would have been sitting on the sidelines or been back in the locker room.

I think Reiff's was mentioned as an ankle.  He also sat out some this past week because of his toe.  So maybe this game off and a BYE and he could be 100%.  He has been excellent.  Where as I thought Easton was our weak link so when Sirles came in I didn't see any drop.  Then when Isidora came in I actually saw an uptick but I am no OL guru just naked eye test.  Would be awesome if Isidora stole the G spot.  

Good news update:
Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero  7m7 minutes ago
More
Saw #Vikings LT Riley Reiff briefly walking through locker room. No limp after hurting knee yesterday. Am told he should be fine.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

any word on Sirles?  I thought it looked like an MCL myself.

Easton, Hill, Sirles all got playing time last season. As bad as it was last year, it did give thise guys a chance to get playing time and be better this year. 

i think the unit as a whole meshes better together than last years bunch.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

Was wondering how you were doing when I saw Sirles got hurt... Smile

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
It's great when everything is working together. The guys play well as a unit. Their strengths are being emphasized through coaching and execution. 
This...Shurmur's offense seems to be a better fit for what this OL is capable of...I think Reiff and Buddy The Elflein have brought an attitude to the meeting room...a no nonsense, prove it on the field with your play not your mouth mentality... 

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

Was wondering how you were doing when I saw Sirles got hurt... Smile
Funny,  have you watched hos play?  Much better than what we had from the startING guards last year.  And I would argue that he plays the spot better than Easton was doing.  The kid is a small mountain out there.