Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, what's the deal with this offensive line depth?
Backup to the backup Isidora gets in and gets kudos from Zimmer in the postgame presser. Rashod Hill goes in and Reiff says he played 'great' and two of the longest drives of the game came when those two were in there. No sacks allowed. Pinch me.

Those two have a future in the NFL. Isadora will likely be our starter at RG next year. And Hill gives us reliable depth at both tackle positions, but we need our starters back. The injuries are starting to pile up. Bye week can't get here fast enough. 

with the london game i imagine some of the boarderline injuries wont travel and get just short of 3 weeks to heal up from the playoff push. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Those two have a future in the NFL. Isadora will likely be our starter at RG next year. And Hill gives us reliable depth at both tackle positions, but we need our starters back. The injuries are starting to pile up. Bye week can't get here fast enough. 
Yah, the dings on the OL are starting to become worrisome. Bye is coming at a good time for once. 

It was not a very large sample but I thought Isidora played better than Easton or Sirles. I'm comfortable with Hill playing.  Great job of turning a huge weakness last season into a solid strength in just one off-season. 

It's the system - and playcalling.  

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
And do we dare say, coaching?  Perhaps the internet beatings that Sparano took last year had some effect and he completely changed his coaching style...

It's great when everything is working together. The guys play well as a unit. Their strengths are being emphasized through coaching and execution. 

Quote: @greediron said:
@A1Janitor said:
And do we dare say, coaching?  Perhaps the internet beatings that Sparano took last year had some effect and he completely changed his coaching style...
Yes coaching.  No more Norv influence. 

All I know is that Hill is one massive frigging dude. Like, eclipse-causing wide body type stuff. And man did he pair effectively with Danny Boy yesterday.