Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barr seems to be having a bounce-back kinda year...
Quote: @Kentis said:
Barr is tied for second on the Vikings with 40 total tackles (according to coaches’ tally). He also has four tackles for loss and three passes defensed in 2017.
“I’m just trying to play hard and get to the ball,” Barr said. “Trying to minimize mistakes and be the best player I can be. I think I’m doing well, but I have to continue to improve.
“I think I’m better than I’ve ever been,” Barr later added. “I feel good with where I’m at as a player.”
http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Barr-It-Wasnt-My-Intent-to-Injure-Aaron-Rodgers/87499b34-4e6b-43bc-b664-86d447f644ba
He was my favorite Viking not too long ago.  He was Doleman, Lawrence Taylor esq.  I still have high hopes he has a HOF career. Call me stupid, I think he's got the attributes. 

Time of possession:

2017 vikings ranked 10th at 30:17.  Last year for the year they were at 30:35.

Last 3 games though just over 29 min TOP

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/av...2017-10-22

I agree, Barr is playing great flying all over the place.  Zim may have a hand in his "bounce back".

Waynes still under-performs. He gets tested a lot since QBs don't want to throw at Rhodes. But Rhodes takes the best opposing receiver and Waynes still gives up way too many receptions.  He is not terrible, but for a high first round pick, he's a big disappointment.

Quote: @dadevike said:
Waynes still under-performs. He gets tested a lot since QBs don't want to throw at Rhodes. But Rhodes takes the best opposing receiver and Waynes still gives up way too many receptions.  He is not terrible, but for a high first round pick, he's a big disappointment.
its not like Waynes is left with chopped liver on some of these teams... he was covering Jordy Nelson last week for shits sake.  Waynes is doing just fine for the most part,  and exceeding expectations IMO in some aspects, especially tackling and run support.  the knock on him coming out of college is lack of physical play... he seems to have corrected that so I have no concerns of him continuing to grow into a really good player for us.

[Image: ru932ivmapl1.jpeg]
Bye Bye, see you in 8 weeks!?  Wink

I have been thinking the same thing about Barr.  He's been playing well all season, must be a contract year or something.

He played lights out today, way to go A. Barr!  B)

6 tackles, 5 assists and a sack...Not a bad day.

Kendricks led the team with 10 T's today..

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
I have been thinking the same thing about Barr.  He's been playing well all season, must be a contract year or something.
Actually, I think he played well as a rookie (2014) and better in 2015, so I see 2016 as the off year. "Contract year overachieving" is more like 2-3 mediocre years and one good one; not what I see going on with Barr. Many members of the team got caught up in whatever last year.