Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teammates impressed with Teddy Bridgewater in first day back
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
My God....can you imagine the home crowd response when Teddy jogs onto the field for the first time since his injury !?!
Yes I can. I look forward to it. He gets cheers and chants when shown on the big boards, when he walks onto the field it will be incredible.

If Bradford doesn't twist his knee and continued to look as good as he did in Week 1, the organization would be like: 'Teddy who?'. That's just the nature of the beast. But they need him now and he's back. The timing is good. There's no doubt in my mind Bridgewater will be ready to go if needed after the bye week. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
If Bradford doesn't twist his knee and continued to look as good as he did in Week 1, the organization would be like: 'Teddy who?'. That's just the nature of the beast. But they need him now and he's back. The timing is good. There's no doubt in my mind Bridgewater will be ready to go if needed after the bye week. 
Not sure it would have been Teddy Who?  But they would have likely tolled his contract and stuck him on IR while signing Sam to an extension.   If Sam was healthy and playing like he did in week 1, there is no way they would have changed anything at QB. 

I hate to be the buzz killer here but...a day or two of practice is just that. I like TB but let this play out just a bit more.  Not calling bs by the players but you've seen coach speak/player speak before and a lot of that is cliches so as to not upset anyone. Hoping for the best, but this was a seriously bad injury. I just hope the young man can walk normally again not just play a competitive sport again at its highest level. Would like to see him back soon though.

It's momentus to us, but it's only one practice.  Wearing a brace.  That alone tells me that he shouldn't be on the field until Washington at the earliest.  I'd wait until the home game vs. the Rams when he wouldn't have to deal with crowd noise. And that's assuming just practicing on the knee doesn't cause a setback.

I was at Teddy's first start vs. Atlanta in 2014. Even waiting for the light rail after the game, Teddy! chants starting up all through the crowd like brushfires. If/when he runs onto the USB field, the Wilfs are going to be paying some serious repair bills because that roof is going OFF  B)

Quote: @RS Express said:
It's momentus to us, but it's only one practice.  Wearing a brace.  That alone tells me that he shouldn't be on the field until Washington at the earliest.  I'd wait until the home game vs. the Rams when he wouldn't have to deal with crowd noise. And that's assuming just practicing on the knee doesn't cause a setback.

I was at Teddy's first start vs. Atlanta in 2014. Even waiting for the light rail after the game, Teddy! chants starting up all through the crowd like brushfires. If/when he runs onto the USB field, the Wilfs are going to be paying some serious repair bills because that roof is going OFF  B)
People read entirely to much into a knee brace...there are players that have never had a knee injury that wear a brace for preventive measures.  It doesn't mean shit that he wears one unless it really limits his movement in which case....hmm.

Braces aRE used for a variety of purposes.

I rolled my eyes at the Joe Montana reference. 

C'mon..... 

Someone mentioned Teddy looked bigger, and I agree.  So does Tom Pelissero
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/video...910650df4b

So how do you think we are going to ease Teddy back into things.