Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a deep breath everyone, Teddy Bridgewater doesn't need to rush to playing field
I am glad there is no need to rush him back. I just want him to keep working. Can you imagine the welcome he would get from the home crowd though? I mean he got cheers and chants just being shown on the big boards so the crowd would go wild seeing him under center. 

Some people need to understand, "Yes" Teddy is probably our future quarterback (if he's fully healthy).  But, he's also one hit away from an early retirement.  Their is no need to rush him in until he's absolutely ready and can take the hits.
Keenum is keeping us afloat and getting wins, stick with that.

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
Some people need to understand, "Yes" Teddy is probably our future quarterback (if he's fully healthy).  But, he's also one hit away from an early retirement.  Their is no need to rush him in until he's absolutely ready and can take the hits.
Every player in the league is one hit away... I hardly think Teddy's career should be considered any more endangered than any other player if he's medically cleared.  I certainly hope he will wear some knee protection gouging forward,  bit I think every player should be wearing knée supports.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@ArizonaViking said:
Every player in the league is one hit away... I hardly think Teddy's career should be considered any more endangered than any other player if he's medically cleared.  I certainly hope he will wear some knee protection gouging forward,  bit I think every player should be wearing knée supports.

That's very true and I agree.  But I'm a little wary since Teddy's knee injury wasn't the result of a hit.

I just don't think we are a long way off from a Case clunker or two.  This would warrant a Sam and/or Teddy sighting if ready.

The Packer game showed me why Case is a backup.  He had a full week of practice and I thought it was his worst game of the year with several more throws that should have been intercepted along with numerous other errant throws.  

I was hoping for a progression building off his Chicago second half but that was a regression - IMO.

The Defense and of course the loss of Rodgers were the reason we won.

We are 4-2 primarily because of our defense and mistake free offense with a much improved run game (overall OL).  Sure Case hasn't been the turnover machine or made too many mistakes that we had to pay for but I think it is coming and we will need a Sam and/or Teddy for a playoff push.

As usual, I hope I am wrong, and Case shows consistent progression and looks like a legit starting this week!

I agree with the article and it should be a few weeks, all will be fine as long as the Vikings are winning (or at least competitive in close losses).  However, Bridgewater has been doing a lot more than people realize.

"He has been working out, obviously for the last 13 months but work he has done, recently, from what I have heard, has him in position to get back by the middle of the season. You know, doing, I, I cant divulge all of it, or exactly what he has been doing, just to, I don't want to betray confidences, but suffice (it) to say, he has been working in a lot more game-type situations then you might think. It has not been this controlled environment all of the time. He has been doing some things to get himself ready, as much as he can to take contact and to do all of those things in a game situation where we say, okay he is going to have to be able to protect himself, he is going to have to be able to move on the run"
"From what I have heard, from what he has been doing in rehab, I don't think its far fetched to say he plays in the not to distant future."

http://m.startribune.com/listen-vikings-...451308093/

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
good read...glad our o line getting some love.
Amen.  Love this line

Quote:It’s the five guys up front that no one talks about anymore.
You can tell how good a line is by how little they are mentioned.

More than anything I think Zimmer would prefer Teddy backing up Case over Sloter, who has no game experience.
Zimmer was also quoted as saying he is not going to rush Teddy.

Quote: @Norse said:
More than anything I think Zimmer would prefer Teddy backing up Case over Sloter, who has no game experience.
Zimmer was also quoted as saying he is not going to rush Teddy.
Of course he would prefer a QB with playoff experience over a QB thats still learning. 

No reason to rush Teddy back with 2 very winnable ganes and the bye looming. No worries on that front. 

For once the bye week works well for Minnesota, later in the year than usual.