Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear 8lb, 6 oz Baby Jesus...Don't Even Know His Name Yet...
Quote: @"silhiverjoel" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
First good news on Sam in 3 weeks, and Teddy Fan Boi has to piss on it...JFC...
Hello pot, meet kettle...
https://vikefans.com/discussion/#/discus...mment/3757

Lol...digging back to July...Teddy is exactly where everyone with a football IQ above room temperature thought he'd be at this point...

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Mike Olson said:
@Canthony said:
I have a hard time believing that the Vikings will test that knee out on that sloppy nasty field in Chicago. I am guessing they are getting him reps and getting him up to speed for the Packers game.
Plus, I believe Case can and will beat the Bears.
It is barely October. And the field has only had a couple games on it so far. THe field doesn't get nasty until later in the year. 
soldier field sucks anytime of the year,  they water the piss out of it,  let the grass grow extra tall,  unless you are used to those conditions its really hard to play on that field.  how many times have we seen the Vikings equipment guys bringing out different cleats for the skill guys after the first series or two?  almost every game I can recall at that place.

its just a shitty field with shitty fans,  to bad because it should be one of those places that every football fan would want to visit considering its history.
From 2016 article in Sun Times and SI...

"After multiple instances in which the Bears had to replace their home-field turf last season, Soldier Field’s playing surface was named the third-worst in the NFL by Sports Illustrated.
The grass surface in Chicago had to be resodded three times last year after an entirely new field was installed prior to the Bears’ first preseason game, according to a previous Chicago Sun-Times report."
From Sports Illustrated:
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/sold...ing-to-si/

"The Kentucky Bluegrass in Chicago doesn’t have the ownership backing it needs to keep the cool-season grass replenished all season long. The lack of commitment can render this field tough for NFL players late in the season, a constant point of contention year after year. Kicker Robbie Gould even complained about his own team’s field during a radio interview in 2012, saying it had sunk to new lows.
'For some reason this season, and I don’t know whose job it is, and I love our guys in the Chicago Bears organization that takes care of our fields, but I want to know this year who decided to keep the field so soft that it’s been tore up the entire year,' Gould said on 'Football Night in Chicago” on ESPN 1000. “Let’s put it to you this way: If I were a grounds crew superintendent, I think I would keep a little bit of an eye if they were calling for rain for six straight days, and I just might roll a tarp out on the field before the game.'”

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
And it may be the earliest must win game for a team ever. 
That it is...

Hoping for the best, but can't expect it the way these guys play in Soldier Field. I think Brian Robison has one win there in his career? 

Well, a fan has to hope...

its just a shitty field with shitty fans,  to bad because it should be one of those places that every football fan would want to visit considering its history.
I've been to Viking games in at least 14 different stadiums, Soldiers Field is by far the worst experience for a visiting fan I've ever seen. Been there twice and likely won't go back unless my brother is buying which ain't likely

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
First good news on Sam in 3 weeks, and Teddy Fan Boi has to piss on it...JFC...

I don't believe I ever said anything about Teddy. Also, I have said I think we need to move on from both of their knee issues.
But you keep saying I don't have a football IQ. I laugh at it.

@Canthony said:
I have a hard time believing that the Vikings will test that knee out on that sloppy nasty field in Chicago. I am guessing they are getting him reps and getting him up to speed for the Packers game.
he a football player,  and this is pretty much a must win for this team.  Case hasnt shown anything as far as consistent play that should make you think that he can go into soldier on a monday night and lead a team to a win.  If Sam can go,  Sam must go.

I agree with that, but I would think that if they were going to start him on Monday night that they would have had him practicing before Thursday

Quote: @Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
he a football player,  and this is pretty much a must win for this team.  Case hasnt shown anything as far as consistent play that should make you think that he can go into soldier on a monday night and lead a team to a win.  If Sam can go,  Sam must go.

I agree with that, but I would think that if they were going to start him on Monday night that they would have had him practicing before Thursday

Monday and Tuesday were off days.

@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:

With the game a day later the weekly practice schedule gets moved back 1 day.  Instead of wed through Friday and travel saturday,   it will be Thursday through saturday and travel sunday. ( or maybe Monday since it's a night game and really close,  I'm not sure on the travel aspect)

@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:

With the game a day later the weekly practice schedule gets moved back 1 day.  Instead of wed through Friday and travel saturday,   it will be Thursday through saturday and travel sunday. ( or maybe Monday since it's a night game and really close,  I'm not sure on the travel aspect)

I don't care who the damn QB is as long as we win. I also know that I wouldn't want ANYONE coming back from a knee issue and have to play their first game back on that crap field. If we want to win in the playoffs we will need Sam... I also think that Case can beat the Bears or do enough to get us the win.
Just bring him back at home against the Packers.
PS. So much fun here when you have people like you guys have. I have two Uncle Tom's on one board and Pennywise over here.
Just happy at least you are here lol

@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:

I don't care who the damn QB is as long as we win. I also know that I wouldn't want ANYONE coming back from a knee issue and have to play their first game back on that crap field. If we want to win in the playoffs we will need Sam... I also think that Case can beat the Bears or do enough to get us the win.
Just bring him back at home against the Packers.
PS. So much fun here when you have people like you guys have. I have two Uncle Tom's on one board and Pennywise over here.
Just happy at least you are here lol
not sure about all the uncle toms and pennywise stuff,  but keep in mind that Sams injury is not connective tissue related,  he is not more likely to aggravate his bone bruise due to field conditions like he would a sprain.

as far as Case getting it done,  I dont have faith in him after last weeks debacle,  if he cant run an offense at home with Dalvin Cook,  I really doubt his abilities on the road,  monday night, and no Cook.   No knock on Murray and McKinnon... but lets not shit ourselves... losing DC is a huge loss for this offense.