Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keenum looks to be the starter against Detroit Sunday
Sam Bradford - QB - VikingsSam Bradford (knee) is not practicing Wednesday.Coach Mike Zimmer considers it a "rest" day and remains hopeful Bradford will be the starter on Sunday against the Lions. If there is any concern, we'd expect the Vikings to go back to Case Keenum after he destroyed the Bucs at home last week. Keenum shredded the Lions with the Rams last season.Source: Chris Tomasson on Twitter Sep 27 

All well and good, but these Lions are for real this year. Their defense isn't last week's Bucs poop in the pants D. I expect this week to be a real struggle offensively, and hope  Waynes doesn't go back to being Waynes. Shurmur is going to have to earn his money this week to figure out how to keep Keenum and company more effective than the dirty birds were last week.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
All well and good, but these Lions are for real this year. Their defense isn't last week's Bucs poop in the pants D. I expect this week to be a real struggle offensively, and hope  Waynes doesn't go back to being Waynes. Shurmur is going to have to earn his money this week to figure out how to keep Keenum and company more effective than the dirty birds were last week.
If the Vikings are "for real" we beat them in our house, this week...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@mgobluevikes said:
exactly...We've been a little too uneven on the offensive side for me to feel at all confident given the consistent effort and results given by the Lions thus far this season.

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@purplefaithful said:
@mgobluevikes said:
exactly...We've been a little too uneven on the offensive side for me to feel at all confident given the consistent effort and results given by the Lions thus far this season.
I think you are under selling the Vikings...time will tell.

Meh the Lions Defense is ranked 17th. Granted it's only through 3 weeks but still. That isn't spectacular.

Their pass defense is ranked 22nd, while their run defense is ranked 12th. 

On the flip side our Defense is ranked 20th while our Pass Defense is ranked 27th (how is that possible?). Rush defense is ranked 3rd.

Detroit doesn't have much of a run game at all nor do they use it much more than just to keep a defense honest if even that. So I think Zimmer is going to give a bit on run defense and bolster his pass defense. The crowd is going to need to be loud and the pass rush is going to have to be exotic and keep Stafford guessing. THe key to beating Stafford is to get him gun shy. I look for Danielle Hunter to have an impact.  

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Meh the Lions Defense is ranked 17th. Granted it's only through 3 weeks but still. That isn't spectacular.

Their pass defense is ranked 22nd, while their run defense is ranked 12th. 

On the flip side our Defense is ranked 20th while our Pass Defense is ranked 27th (how is that possible?). Rush defense is ranked 3rd.

Detroit doesn't have much of a run game at all nor do they use it much more than just to keep a defense honest if even that. So I think Zimmer is going to give a bit on run defense and bolster his pass defense. The crowd is going to need to be loud and the pass rush is going to have to be exotic and keep Stafford guessing. THe key to beating Stafford is to get him gun shy. I look for Danielle Hunter to have an impact.  
Corky gets bullied this week. 

As to the low ranking pass defense, look at our rush D.  We stop the run, make teams 1 dimentional and then feast on it.  But we give up garbage yards to Brees and the Bucs.  So it lowers our ranking.

stats schmatts... there are no usable stats after only 3 games,  and honestly even the ol eyeball is a bit untrustworthy as we really dont know who the real teams are and who are just also rans.

we can sit and say this or that,  but we really have no clue as to how things are going to shake out on sunday.  I do know that if the crowd isnt in it early and kept engaged through the final whistle that this will be a dog fight to the end... of course how often do cats end up winning dog fights?

Its for sure now: well, at least he's getting the starting reps in practice all week. Fingers crossed. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Its for sure now: well, at least he's getting the starting reps in practice all week. Fingers crossed. 
Who is getting the the starting reps, Sam or Case?  I'm assuming you're crossing fingers for Sam?