Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keenum looks to be the starter against Detroit Sunday
Case Keenum is the only quarterback being made available by the #Vikings today to the media.  - Chris Tomasson Pioneer Press

I watched some of the player interviews this past week. The players like Keenum's fire and confidence. Several made mention of what he brings to the huddle, Dalvin being one of them. Diggs said it too. Thielen talked about it. A leader needs to lead. I know he doesn't have Sam's arm talent, but he has some moxie for sure and he's a great competitor.

I absolutely loved when he got the game ball. Listening to him in the middle of the team, you can get how fired up he is. He has the heads up to prepare. He has confidence. The team is rallying with him.

10-8 in his last 18 starts...I like our chances at home vs a team we owe a hurtin'...

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I absolutely loved when he got the game ball. Listening to him in the middle of the team, you can get how fired up he is. He has the heads up to prepare. He has confidence. The team is rallying with him.
I loved that too, VG Big Grin He definitely had some emotion and fire in his voice. The guys all really seem to gravitate to him too

Quote: @prairieghost said:
I watched some of the player interviews this past week. The players like Keenum's fire and confidence. Several made mention of what he brings to the huddle, Dalvin being one of them. Diggs said it too. Thielen talked about it. A leader needs to lead. I know he doesn't have Sam's arm talent, but he has some moxie for sure and he's a great competitor.
Agreed and well said. The players really like Keenum, that is obvious. I wish Bradford was starting this game, but we'll roll with Case and see what Shurmur has up his sleeve again. Can't get behind early. It helps that its a home game.

Quote: @prairieghost said:
@Vikergirl said:
I loved that too, VG Big Grin He definitely had some emotion and fire in his voice. The guys all really seem to gravitate to him too
I know right. It's definitely a test for the growing OL and Shurmur to be on the same page as well as implement and execute the game plan for either qb. It's a positive ripple effect when offense, defense and special teams are clicking on all cylinders. 

At least Case has got a full week to practice with the offense when they go up against the Lions.  Also, with the confidence he gained against the Bucs last week, Case will come out firing...

OR....

Chris Tomasson‏ @christomasson  4m4 minutes ago
More
Mike Zimmer said he will give Sam Bradford the day off today but "we're doing everything they can'' to get him ready for Sunday.

Pro Football Talk is reporting that a “source with knowledge of the situation” has told him that quarterback Teddy Bridgewater will be ready to go................