Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll Call
Maui, but previously Riverside, CA. (from birth until we moved 5 years ago)

Most Southern CA. kids all rooted for the Rams, but I enjoyed watching the Vikings beat them up in the playoffs every year. Tarkenton, Foreman, the PPE....they set the hook (damn them). Greatest Christmas gift of all time was my "Vikings lettermans jacket" from Santa (aka Sears) I wore that ISH until it was threadbare.

SKOL !
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vanguard83's post:

MN native and Viking fan since 1967.  Moved to Idaho for my first job post-college in 1982 and have been here ever since.  Love the state!  Great fishing, hunting, hiking etc.  Wishing the best of seasons for our men in purple and gold!

Northeast Nebraska. Born at the U of M hospital about a mile from US Bank stadium almost 3/4 of a century ago. Grew up in Pelican Rapids. Watched Bart Starr and Paul Hornung around 8 years old. Then Minnesota got it's own team. Been a Vikings fan since. I don't have a lot of seasons left. So I'm not giving up this season waiting for the next. Plenty of tools in the toolbox and good coaching should lead to a better than expected season. I'm ready to go. SKOL Vikings!
[-] The following 4 users Like hogjowlsjohnny's post:

Big Grin 
North central North Dakota, been a fan since age 6 (49-1/2 years!). In my family, you are born a Vikings fan and that’s just how it is, and I mean extended family too (although I have 1 wayward female cousin who likes the Cowboys and 1 other female cousin who is a Broncos fan but nobody takes them seriously Big Grin). 

I have said this before when we talk about our fandom but I’ll say it again: I would literally quit football rather than give my Vikings luv to another team. This love is serious, folks…
SKOL VIKINGS Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes The ghost formerly known as PG's post:

Johnson City, Tenn. relocated here from tax crazy NY... Been Vikings fan since 69/70. NFL ticket since '95 where I have the best seat in the house.
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rf54's post:

(09-05-2024, 02:40 PM)rf54 Wrote: Johnson City, Tenn.  relocated here from tax crazy NY...  Been Vikings fan since 69/70.  NFL ticket since '95 where I have the best seat in the house.

Fun fact: when you're in Johnson City, Tenn, you're closer to Canada than you are to Memphis, Tenn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

Claremont, NC. Born in Minnesota but spent little time there. Vikings fan since Tark's first tenure.

Wife and I are both from MN...

Grew-up about 25 minutes West of Mpls.

Spent most of our lives here, sans a 6 year stay in St Louis, Missouri.

Fan since the 75 team - ugh.

Ames IA area, born and raised in Minnesota. Remember watching the first Vikes game ever, don't recall a lot of details though. Have been a diehard fan ever since.
(09-02-2024, 06:55 PM)Zanary Wrote: Regarding the weed legalization...not much changed, really, here in Washington. It was barely prosecuted previously, and the biggest issue here was (and remains) that the feds won't let the dispensaries bank their money normally, leading to a lot of cash heists. Ironically, the stuff IS taxed at a ridiculous rate, so the gov't both extorts and endangers the cannabis workers.

Way to go, Uncle Sam. I guess you were mad at having less people to stamp out those license plates?

As for the rest, the essential decriminalization of harder drugs has been a failed experiment for years, and (just like pretending crime and homelessness weren't problems) the politicians are getting flipped often enough that they're starting to realize that maybe, just maybe, heavy decision-altering substances are problematic, and that trying to sneak "clean injection sites" near schools and the like is going to piss off the voters.

Born and raised in the Pipestone, MN area and have been a Viking fan for nearly 60 years. I've lived in MN, SD, ND and even WA for a year. Took my kids to training camp in Mankato, MN almost every year as soon as they were old enough to appreciate it. Did that until they became independent adults. I've never been to a Vikings game but hope to do it sometime with my boys.