Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Homelessness in California
(09-02-2024, 12:19 PM)Kentis Wrote: I think they should just put ‘em on a bus to Florida, they’ll know how to handle them!!! Angel

Send em to MN. You guys are due for a brutal winter….

(09-02-2024, 11:26 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I dont think pot is a problem for a lot of people,  but i also have seen a lot of people that it does affect negatively and they lose ambition and ultimately their jobs which leads to other issues like harder drugs and homelessness.  Pot is no worse than booze,  but just like booze it can become much more than a way to wind down,  or have fun with friends.  I think early on those states that legalized pot became a draw for those that not only were going for the pot vacations,  but also those that were looking for a more accepting atmosphere and fell victim to their addictions.

I never thought legalizing pot was a smart move,  decriminalizng yes,  let people grow their own if they want,  but allowong it to be legally sold,  and with what agricultural advances have done to magnify its high,  not to mention it getting laced with all sorts of shit, legalized pot has to be part the conversation as the homeless issue seems to be worse in areas of more liberal drug policies and use,  but as i said previously,  hardly the only cause.

If its no 'worse than alcohol', than who cares?? Ask any ER doctor what is worse for humanity: pot or alcohol. I think it would be illuminating for you. Again, not trying to be an asshole, but you live in Bumfuck, Egypt.

With legalization of pot here in MN happening in 25, I (at first) didnt care. I had been buying off the black market for a lifetime.

But then I realized (in taking to others in states where it was legal) how some oversight in product quality/safety is a benefit to me and one I do ultimately care about.

FWIW, in my lifetime I have seen alcohol be the most damaging to people I care about. All have the potential to be harmful.

(09-02-2024, 02:18 PM)AGRforever Wrote: Send em to MN. You guys are due for a brutal winter….

Hey!! Fuck that noise, im only a 30 minutes from the west border, maybe ship them to Wisconsin so i at least have a buffer strip, or how about central america as an exchange program? We take their lower skilled people willing to work, and we give them our huddled masses?

(09-02-2024, 02:26 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: If its no 'worse than alcohol', than who cares?? Ask any ER doctor what is worse for humanity: pot or alcohol. I think it would be illuminating for you. Again, not trying to be an asshole, but you live in Bumfuck, Egypt.

Lol, what the fuck does where i live have to do with anything? You think drugs and alcohol only affect metro areas? Maybe you should venture into rural america....where the fuck you think your pot and meth used to come from....(we still have more than we need here, just cant keep up with the southern border, i think SD led the nation in meth production about 20 years ago...gotta be good at soemthing i guess)

I care, i dont think we can put the cork back in the bottle, but why open society for more woes? Decriminalize it so it doesnt fill prisons and break families, and cops don't waste time with users, but keep the clamps on distribution. Why do we need to throw open the doors and make it common place, we already have to many that are trapped by alcohol, i just don't see the benfits of legalization based on the shit shows we see from the liberalized areas of the country and the issues they are seeing. I am not trying all their woes to legalized pot, but its stands to reason that being cool on this seems to lead to further relaxing on societal structure and then you have the shit you see out west.

(09-02-2024, 03:03 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: With legalization of pot here in MN happening in 25, I (at first) didnt care. I had been buying off the black market for a lifetime.

But then I realized (in taking to others in states where it was legal) how some oversight in product quality/safety is a benefit to me and one I do ultimately care about.

FWIW, in my lifetime I have seen alcohol be the most damaging to people I care about. All have the potential to be harmful.

Are they regulating the quantity of THC like they do/used to do, with beer in grocery stores? Never understood the whole 3.2 beer thing over there.

I dont use, but i have a lot of friends that do and they say a lot of the pot now is light years stronger than what was around 30 years ago, does this higher high change the end result or adictivity? I have to think, just like booze, if you get adicted then the stronger stuff is just the next logical choice, like geting you drunker faster and with less trips to the pisser.

(09-02-2024, 04:20 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Lol,  what the fuck does where i live have to do with anything?  You think drugs and alcohol only affect metro areas?  Maybe you should venture into rural america....where the fuck you think your pot and meth used to come from....(we still have more than we need here,  just cant keep up with the southern border,  i think SD led the nation in meth production about 20 years ago...gotta be good at soemthing i guess)

I care,  i dont think we can put the cork back in the bottle,  but why open society for more woes?  Decriminalize it so it doesnt fill prisons and break families, and cops don't waste time with users,  but keep the clamps on distribution.  Why do we need to throw open the doors and make it common place, we already have to many that are trapped by alcohol,  i just don't see the benfits of legalization based on the shit shows we see from the liberalized areas of the country and the issues they are seeing.  I am not trying all their woes to legalized pot,  but its stands to reason that being cool on this seems to lead to further relaxing on societal structure and then you have the shit you see out west.

but putting the clamps on distribution keeps people having to buy in the black market, giving $ to shady (?) individuals, buying product that MAY NOT be safe as something regulated. 

Now I understand its a double edged sword, and I dont want to walk into a bar, restaurant or a shoe store and smell weed burning either. 

But the enormous tax $$ generated along with probable safer product for consumers tips the scales imo.

(09-02-2024, 04:28 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Are they regulating the quantity of THC like they do/used to do, with beer in grocery stores? Never understood the whole 3.2 beer thing over there.
I dont use,  but i have a lot of friends that do and they say a lot of the pot now is light years stronger than what was around 30 years ago,  does this higher high change the end result or adictivity?  I have to think,  just like booze,  if you get adicted then the stronger stuff is just the next logical choice,  like geting you drunker faster and with less trips to the pisser.

There has to be clear labeling (for edibles, flower and drinks) and that includes THC %'s....I have to see it in practice here when dispensaries open in 25. 

Absolutely it is stronger than when I was 19 or 20. I am a very light user; just a puff after 8 some evenings. 

It's my nightcap. These people who smoke all day? I just understand how they can function. 

Is it a gateway to something stronger? I suppose for some it can be, wasn't for me.

(09-02-2024, 04:09 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Hey!! Fuck that noise,  im only a 30 minutes from the west border,  maybe ship them to Wisconsin so i at least have a buffer strip,  or how about central america as an exchange program?  We take their lower skilled people willing to work,  and we give them our huddled masses?

What will it take? 30-45 minutes to freeze em to death?   Leave em outside for awhile and that’ll be that. Let nature take care of itself.

Regarding the weed legalization...not much changed, really, here in Washington. It was barely prosecuted previously, and the biggest issue here was (and remains) that the feds won't let the dispensaries bank their money normally, leading to a lot of cash heists. Ironically, the stuff IS taxed at a ridiculous rate, so the gov't both extorts and endangers the cannabis workers.

Way to go, Uncle Sam. I guess you were mad at having less people to stamp out those license plates?

As for the rest, the essential decriminalization of harder drugs has been a failed experiment for years, and (just like pretending crime and homelessness weren't problems) the politicians are getting flipped often enough that they're starting to realize that maybe, just maybe, heavy decision-altering substances are problematic, and that trying to sneak "clean injection sites" near schools and the like is going to piss off the voters.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

What is it about Americans that we want to complain about other people’s shit so much like they are really causing us problems

Gratitude my brothers