Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuuudge
Well, wind is out of my sails for the remainder of the pre-season...

I suspect they'll wait for any swelling to go down b4 they do anything. Decisions on where he ends-up on the roster will have to get sorted in the next few weeks too. 

I would wager @ 21 years old, he hasn't had to go under the knife. Thats a lot for a 21 year old to have to experience.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Wish I could go back to when I was 6 years old and pick a different NFL team to follow. Lordy.
[-] The following 7 users Like Vanguard83's post:

(08-13-2024, 11:59 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: I look at it this way, he probably wasn't playing before our bye week anyways and this gives him time to heal and keep observing the offense. Also gives us something to look forward to if Darnold tanks..

Agree. And it's far better this happen now than next August.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

Let him sit for the season, get practice reps when he heals and look to 2025 for him to be under center. Unbelievable how the football gods continue to torture Viking fans and the entire organization.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

This was set up for one of our most exciting off season and set of pre season games, now just a total gut punch. Really going to set back his development.

Good thing they held onto Mullens, after watching Hall last week, Mullens now becomes one of the more valuable players on the roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

I had no expectations for this year but we'll see how bad the meniscus is
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vikergirl's post:

(08-13-2024, 12:15 PM)Vikergirl Wrote: I had no expectations for this year but we'll see how bad the meniscus is

Depending on what they find when they perform the surgery, I'm hearing it could be 4 to 6 weeks...or 4 to 6 months
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

(08-13-2024, 11:45 AM)The ghost formerly known as PG Wrote: I only heard the last couple minutes of the conference. Did they say exactly what the injury is or are they staying vague with knee soreness? Obviously since he had an MRI they know what the issue is…

FFS this team I swear…

Nevermind, just read it was a torn meniscus. It’s official: the football gods are trying to kill us…

torn meniscus, typically not a major issue, if anything this will be the golden excuse to not have to put him into the game should something happen to QB1, this may end up being a good thing in terms of being able to bring him along slowly. sucks he will lose camp reps, but getting a full red shirt year could end up being even better.
[-] The following 4 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

Yeah - reading torn meniscus. Probably need to let swelling subside.

Vikings fans are 90% scar tissue
[-] The following 2 users Like Vanguard83's post:

(08-13-2024, 12:23 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: Depending on what they find when they perform the surgery, I'm hearing it could be 4 to 6 weeks...or 4 to 6 months

Exactly, but it's not like he was going to start this season. There are 2 possible timelines. We have to wait and see. Darnold is going to start, now it's good that Mullens is still there. Meh whatever