Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone hear Addison DUI?
Great receiver. Unlikely a member of mensa!

Welp, add receiver to the list of needs. This kid isn't going to "get it". His teammate just died at the hands of a drunk driver and you go pull this shit?

Almost glad the incidents have happened on his rookie deal. Makes not extending him a VERY EASY decision.
[-] The following 2 users Like AGRforever's post:

Yeah, that's absolutely ridiculous. He is very lucky he didn't hurt or kill anyone all things considered. He needs to get his head out

Just read he removed all Vikings related pictures from his Instagram?

Dude is a straight up dumbass!

(07-15-2024, 11:45 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Just read he removed all Vikings related pictures from his Instagram?

Maybe a move to avoid embarrassing the team? It's not like everyone doesn't already know who he plays for, but I think this is more likely (maybe even prompted by team leadership) than the "I'm pissed, trade me" vibe that similar moves have suggested in the past.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

This most likely has an effect on the two rookies still unsigned. If rookies are going to be stupid and do crazy shit like Addison but they have already been paid their full signing bonuses, maybe the team has no way to get any of that money back if the player gets injured and can't play. So paying it in installments is sort of a way for the team to protect it self against guys doing stupid stuff after getting paid a lot of money, buying fast cars, and thinking nothing will happen to them when they do stupid shit like driving drunk.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

(07-15-2024, 10:21 AM)AGRforever Wrote: Welp, add receiver to the list of needs.  This kid isn't going to "get it".  His teammate just died at the hands of a drunk driver and you go pull this shit?

Almost glad the incidents have happened on his rookie deal.  Makes not extending him a VERY EASY decision.

Yeah the optics on this situation in any circumstance would be terrible but coming so quickly following the Khyree Jackson news... cmon man. I understand people have demons and addictions and if that happens to be the case for Addison then yeah, those illnesses don't wait for anybody. 

All of this to say I hope the young man gets help if that's what he needs. He's a very-good-already-with-potential-to-be-elite football player. I'm rooting for him.

From the team's perspective, I know a lot of times DUI cases (if that's what he's ultimately charged with) get drawn out and maybe Addison plays a full season this year while this is settled in court and then the league hands down the suspension for the 2025 season. That's what the NFLPA will want and that might even be what the Vikings HAVE to do, unless they want to release him outright (which they very much don't, I'm sure). I'm not sure what the collective bargaining on that stuff is.

But would anyone be that upset if the Vikings suspended Addison for the first month of the season for "conduct detrimental to the team" or whatever? I wouldn't. The LA freeways are for the most part self-policed since the cops usually have bigger fish to fry. For him to be asleep at the wheel, likely surrounded by other cars honking at him, and just passed out is very concerning.

Waiting for more details before forming any set in stone opinions but as a huge Addison fan and huger Vikings fan, reading this news sucked. Hopefully Jordan's story has a happy ending.

(07-15-2024, 11:45 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Just read he removed all Vikings related pictures from his Instagram?

There is a report that after he did that he posted a picture of an alcoholic beverage, which since then has been removed. 

https://twitter.com/AlexMicheletti/statu...8493692391

(07-15-2024, 03:39 PM)JR44 Wrote: There is a report that after he did that he posted a picture of an alcoholic beverage, which since then has been removed. 

https://twitter.com/AlexMicheletti/statu...8493692391

Sigh...

I'm hearing Beavis and Butthead laughing right now...