Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RUMOR: Cam Akers to resign pending passing a physical
(07-02-2024, 09:50 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I disagree, I like Ty Chandler. I think the team is almost ready to trust him, it took a bit. He needed to learn some things.

He still needs to learn things.  If he is the same as last year, you still need to find a free agent starter midseason if Jones goes down for any decent amount of time.

Maybe he'll develop into a competent pass blocker this offseason, maybe not.  If our backups haven't figured things out by mid-training camp, I'd be looking to bring in a guy to knock them all down a spot.

EDIT: I'm forgetting we have Gaskin. I know nothing about him or if he's a guy we can count on.

Wasn't this another "nugget" posted by good ol' Charley Walters? If so, I'd take it with a grain of salt.
The artist formerly known as PurpleCrush.

(07-02-2024, 12:40 PM)TheWinterSKOLdier Wrote: Wasn't this another "nugget" posted by good ol' Charley Walters? If so, I'd take it with a grain of salt.

July 2 - The Minnesota Vikings plan to re-sign running back Cam Akers if he passes a physical, the Pioneer Press reported Tuesday. Akers, 25, sustained a season-ending Achilles injury last November. He also missed most of the 2021 season with a torn Achilles.19 mins ago

(07-02-2024, 12:42 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: July 2 - The Minnesota Vikings plan to re-sign running back Cam Akers if he passes a physical, the Pioneer Press reported Tuesday. Akers, 25, sustained a season-ending Achilles injury last November. He also missed most of the 2021 season with a torn Achilles.19 mins ago

I've seen several outlets report this, but IIRC it was Charley who first put this on the map a couple of days ago. Not that this is earth shattering news if it were to happen, just think anything quoted by Charley should need a double take.

(07-02-2024, 12:49 PM)TheWinterSKOLdier Wrote: I've seen several outlets report this, but IIRC it was Charley who first put this on the map a couple of days ago. Not that this is earth shattering news if it were to happen, just think anything quoted by Charley should need a double take.

Shooter works @ Pioneer Press...But I believe they have him down to a once/week column

(07-02-2024, 12:51 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Shooter works @ Pioneer Press...But I believe they have him down to a once/week column

Ahhh, gotcha. Can't keep a good ol' mudslinger down for the count!

(07-02-2024, 12:58 PM)TheWinterSKOLdier Wrote: Ahhh, gotcha. Can't keep a good ol' mudslinger down for the count!

He has been wrong more consistently than any sports writer I know.
[-] The following 2 users Like Waterboy's post:

(07-02-2024, 04:28 PM)Waterboy Wrote: He has been wrong more consistently than any sports writer I know.

Agreed...He was about clicks b4 it was fashionable.

If Akers comes back to NFL form after TWO Achilles injuries (and subsequent recovery), he will be the exception to the rule.
My observations is that anyone who has recovered from an Achilles injury no longer has the same burst or quickness.
That's one solid reason that I did not trust the Kirko Chainz recovery last winter, despite him dancing on stage, and so forth. But trying to come back from a second Achilles injury, I am honestly not optimistic.

Akers definitely looked good in limited reps last year, he had a noticeably quicker burst than Mattison. But I fear that the odds are stacked against him for a roster spot.

Looks like it just happened today, just needs to pass the physical now.