Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's gonna watch the Thursday Presidential debate?
(06-28-2024, 11:59 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: you cant say republican fan club put trump up there,  most ardent republicans are not supporters of trump, if you want to say that the dems and repubs putting shit out there ignoring the middle class gave trump a platform... I can agree with that,  I still think he is pretty scummy,  and would have never considered voting for him, except that he is the one I find less repulsive once again.

I am still hoping that somehow Tulsi ends up on Trumps ticket or somebody else that isnt a swamp creature from way back,  but I am fully prepared to be disappointed once again.

I really wanted Trump to ask why the hell we are giving tens of thousands to illegal immigrants,  when we cant help the Americans in Hawaii that lost their homes and businesses.  Unless I have missed an update as far as I have heard all those poor people have gotten was $700 1 time and the story went away... what a disgrace, I dont know if we can vote out or fire enough people to ever get close to making it right for how poorly that situation has been handled.

Here's the immigration question every politician avoids, both to look powerful and to dodge blame:

the representatives, much more than the prez, are the ones who have to draft the new plan. This means getting the "let everyone in, so we get free voters" northern dnc snobs to break bread and make agreements with the border state reps, who, regardless of party, are typically MUCH more attuned to the issues and demand some reality be involved.

It's kinda like the "QBs get too much credit and blame", this is something where THEY make a plan for the prez to sign...and they never, ever do. The problem is many generations old, and growing.

I have a "tent city" near my place right now, about 10 minutes away, that's populated with Venezuelans, Angolans, and more; they were all brought to the area by various lefty programs for asylum seekers, and in typical fashion, there was NO PLAN when they got here. They have bounced around the entire Seattle area before landing here for the time being, and none of the 'burbs are budgeted or prepared for 200+ refugees to be dumped on them without warning.

Such are the joys of the dnc-run West coast. We moved out here for opportunities for my son (and myself, at the time), and to escape the desert death of NM...but the Midwest might be getting us back...soon.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

The Democrats have to know that Biden wasn’t going to survive another 4 years right without his decline being incredibly obvious? Were they hoping to puppet him across the line? Let him die and let Kamala take over? Just hoping to get past the primaries, so that they can hand-pick their establishment-friendly candidate without having to make them compete against the likes of Marianne Williamson or RFK, knowing that once we get to the main election, the democrats will vote for any person that isn’t a republican?

What was the strategy here?
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

(06-28-2024, 01:14 PM)medaille Wrote: The Democrats have to know that Biden wasn’t going to survive another 4 years right without his decline being incredibly obvious?  Were they hoping to puppet him across the line?  Let him die and let Kamala take over?  Just hoping to get past the primaries, so that they can hand-pick their establishment-friendly candidate without having to make them compete against the likes of Marianne Williamson or RFK, knowing that once we get to the main election, the democrats will vote for any person that isn’t a republican?

What was the strategy here?

I almost wonder if they're trying to draw it out, then swap Harris in at the last minute...which would be seen as a "saving" move, to draw attention from the fact that she'd a truly horrible human being whose public speaking skills are as bad as the two geezers' in that she basically rewords one weak point many times in a run-on sentence that ends up saying nothing. Given that she's also the mattress-actress of political climbers and made her bones locking up every other "Brown/Black" young man in her district as a prosecutor...the dnc needs a ton of distractions to sneak her in.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

I honestly think they thought they could sneak him to the finish line by hiding in his basement again. He's spent 40% of his presidency in Delaware. Whatever shadow government they have going on could than continue. He's done no interviews except for a couple very short sit downs with friendly interviewers that weren't asking any hard hitting questions ( Howard Stern). The few press conferences he does do have been almost exclusively to preselected journalists asking preselected questions. H

It's too bad Biden (and his advisors) were hellbent on virtue signaling with an African American woman as his running mate instead of the best candidate available. At least the Dems could see a path out of this mess by invoking the 25th Amendment...but Kamala's numbers are even worse than Biden's. He reads from a teleprompter when he's on the campaign trail and Jill or another staff member are always there to jump in and sweep him off it he's asked a difficult question.

Worth noting that this debate was held 2-3 months earlier than normal and all the media outlets are pretty unanimous that the Democrats need to replace him on the ballet. This was a planned demolition.
[-] The following 2 users Like medaille's post:

(06-28-2024, 02:59 PM)medaille Wrote: Worth noting that this debate was held 2-3 months earlier than normal and all the media outlets are pretty unanimous that the Democrats need to replace him on the ballet. This was a planned demolition.

this has been my contention as well... they never planned on him making the election, just used him to get through the primaries. This way all the fuck ups of the last 4 years can be hung on Brandon, and the real perpetrators will get to keep playing puppet master behind the curtain. the convention might be entertaining at least. So will it be newsom and the most hated lunch lady in history?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

interesting read here about replacing Biden, it seems to do so would already have the Dems conceding Wisconsin to Trump.

https://www.outkick.com/culture/replacin...bby-burack

I'm sure the Republican led legislature in WI will help the Democrats out of this bind...
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

I’m not sure laws really matter all that much. I feel like the powerful will figure out how to skirt any inconvenient laws. Especially given the duopoly, and lets say that the duopoly rams through Newsom on the ballot in those states, and he wins the election by less than those votes and then it takes 6 months of legal battles to sort out the legality of the matter. Would they undo the presidency and switch it to Trump? Or alternately, they could just leave Biden on the ballot in those states, tell everyone that a vote for Biden is a vote for Newsom and the electoral college committee or whatever could just convert the delegates to Newsom.

In the end, they’ll just do whatever they want anyway, and manufacture the justification later. As long as half the country hates Trump, people will overlook a lot of “procedural issues”

(06-28-2024, 03:56 PM)medaille Wrote: I’m not sure laws really matter all that much.  I feel like the powerful will figure out how to skirt any inconvenient laws.  Especially given the duopoly, and lets say that the duopoly rams through Newsom on the ballot in those states, and he wins the election by less than those votes and then it takes 6 months of legal battles to sort out the legality of the matter.  Would they undo the presidency and switch it to Trump?  Or alternately, they could just leave Biden on the ballot in those states, tell everyone that a vote for Biden is a vote for Newsom and the electoral college committee or whatever could just convert the delegates to Newsom.

In the end, they’ll just do whatever they want anyway, and manufacture the justification later.  As long as half the country hates Trump, people will overlook a lot of “procedural issues”

Wow, that's a great way to turn the USA into a third world country and start a civil war...  Some trump haters/dem lovers may like a takeover but many other citizens would be very pissed by the violation of the US constitution and state election laws.

IMO, Joe Biden is done after last night's performance.    I would hope that the Dems could come up with a reasonable solution within their party guidelines to replace him as a candidate versus messing with national and state laws.  Any change in candidacy other than Kamala Harris is likely to start a civil war within the party.  Could be a very interesting summer and fall!