Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murderapolis?
People think Minneapolis is a bad city?

LOL. Ok.
Is this thing on?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike Olson's post:

(09-10-2024, 02:04 PM)Mike Olson Wrote: People think Minneapolis is a bad city?

LOL. Ok.

Most people have no idea. Miami is a garbage city, shit people and lots of crime. You rarely hear anyone speaking English on the streets. 

Gotcha headline.....in a world of gotcha headlines.

(09-10-2024, 02:07 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Most people have no idea. Miami is a garbage city, shit people and lots of crime. You rarely hear anyone speaking English on the streets. 

Gotcha headline.....in a world of gotcha headlines.

Exactly.

I am pretty sure there are a bunch of articles about how MPLS has gotten pretty good as of late. I know the city did a lot of work this summer to get people back downtown with events programming and venues bringing large acts to downtown. 

My wife works downtown every day, parks in the B ramp behind Target Center and while there were a few issues for a while, and lack of traffic during the pandemic, she never really felt unsafe or anything like that. We did have the carjacking fad that was pretty large for a while as well but that wasn't JUST here in MN.

The truth is if you live in a city you are going to experience crime. I believe we are still way below crime levels dating back to 1970's but I could be wrong about that now. If you live where there ar emore people there is going to be more crime. That's a given. But it isn't like there isn't crime in small towns. It is just reported differently and often times it is overlooked as well.
Is this thing on?

Always called it little mogadishu

(09-10-2024, 06:27 PM)AGRforever Wrote: Always called it little mogadishu

Is it true they broadcast the Muslim prayer multiple times a day in areas of downtown Minneapolis? That is nuts if true.

(09-11-2024, 04:06 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Is it true they broadcast the Muslim prayer multiple times a day in areas of downtown Minneapolis? That is nuts if true.

Its true.

(09-11-2024, 06:15 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Its true.

That's ridiculous. I would feel like Im in another country if I heard that shit walking around. From an even non religious standpoint, its fucking annoying to hear anything blasted over loud speakers, just more noise pollution. That is some liberal horseshit right there. 1.34% of the U.S. population are followers of Islam.
[-] The following 3 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(09-11-2024, 06:21 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: That's ridiculous. I would feel like Im in another country if I heard that shit walking around. From an even non religious standpoint, its fucking annoying to hear anything blasted over loud speakers, just more noise pollution. That is some liberal horseshit right there. 1.34% of the U.S. population are followers of Islam.

Yet they bitch about a nativity on public land at Christmas time.

Bet you didnt know:

For as "white bread/lutheran" as we are, MN has the largest Somali pop in the US, and its not even close. Consequently, there are big concentrations of primarily Somali homes, schools and biz in areas of the city.

I guess I dont see the call to prayer in those blocks as a big deal, but rather a way for them to lead their lives and pray. 

You shouldn't expect to hear it at 1/2 time @ USB Smile 

Minnesota. 64,354.
Ohio. 21,051.
Washington. 14,997.
California. 5,159.
New York. 5,122.
Texas. 4,551.
Virginia. 3,953.
Georgia. 3,538.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-...n-by-state

Now dont get me started on Ilhan Omar, cause I do have strong feelings about that situation.

(09-11-2024, 09:52 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Bet you didnt know:

For as "white bread/lutheran" as we are, MN has the largest Somali pop in the US, and its not even close. Consequently, there are big concentrations of primarily Somali homes, schools and biz in areas of the city.

I guess I dont see the call to prayer in those blocks as a big deal, but rather a way for them to lead their lives and pray. 

You shouldn't expect to hear it at 1/2 time @ USB Smile 

Minnesota. 64,354.
Ohio. 21,051.
Washington. 14,997.
California. 5,159.
New York. 5,122.
Texas. 4,551.
Virginia. 3,953.
Georgia. 3,538.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-...n-by-state

Now dont get me started on Ilhan Omar, cause I do have strong feelings about that situation.

I have mixed feelings on it, I think in their own neighborhoods, at a respectable decibel level it could be fine ( really no different than church bells that ring out occasionally in Christian communities) however, outside of those areas of strong Muslim majority... no, I dont think we should have to listen to it in a part of the city that isnt heavily Muslim just to respect the wishes of a few. Now if their churches start preaching terroristic or anti American rhetoric.. then they need to be shut down, but I feel that way about any "religious" entity that gets radicalized. ( of course who gets to decide how radical is to radical?)