Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone left?
Watched (painfully) the first 3. Number 4 against the Raiders, I was traveling back to college in a snowstorm attempting to get updates on the radio. 2-1/2 hour trip took 8 hours. Miserable day all the way around...

Too young for the pain of Super Bowls. Too many battle wounds from all the NFCC games since.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AGRforever's post:

(06-11-2024, 08:12 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Who can say they watched the Vikings play in a Super Bowl?

I was in my teens when they played the Raiders; I have Medicare on the horizon now. 

Lets go KOC/JJM! B4 I am saying hi to some dear departed at Rainbow Bridge.

I was 13, soon to be 14. Started watching the Vikings at 10 yrs old, mostly because a friend gave me a Vikings team photo that his dad had given him. His dad was a Vikings fan. 

I live in NW Indiana, just a short drive to Chicago, so lots of Bears fans around. My dad didn’t watch sports, so I wasn’t influenced by his fandom. Also, he was from Central Ohio and talked about going to Cleveland games back in the day. 

It seemed the Vikings would always be paying for a Championship back then. Never thought it would be this long since their last appearance let alone never winning one.
I’m 61, retirement is on the horizon, and GD, just one before I die, PLEASE!

I watched them all. Always liked the Vikings along with a few other teams but became hooked in 1975. The Raiders Superbowl would have been much closer if after the blocked punt we let Fran throw the ball rather than handing off to McClanahan.

(06-11-2024, 08:12 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Who can say they watched the Vikings play in a Super Bowl?

I was in my teens when they played the Raiders; I have Medicare on the horizon now. 

Lets go KOC/JJM! B4 I am saying hi to some dear departed at Rainbow Bridge.
75 was our best team, refs effed us on the Hail Mary.  No one knew how to defend it, should never have been 1-1 on the outside.

Raiders game, we drive down to their one yard line on opening drive of game.  McClanahan fumbles and they recover.  Game over.

Dolphins, no one could stop czonka. Helped that he had 2 hall of fame IOL’s blocking for him
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bullazin's post:

I saw all four SB's on tv and was 22 at the last one. Never would guessed they would not make another SB throughout my professional career and through early retirement. Hoping for the best before I'm on the wrong side of the grass...

(06-11-2024, 11:24 AM)FLVike Wrote: I watched them all. Always liked the Vikings along with a few other teams but became hooked in 1975. The Raiders Superbowl would have been much closer if after the blocked punt we let Fran throw the ball rather than handing off to McClanahan.

Fumbling at the one yard line was absolutely a bad omen...

Yes, I watched them four times. I'm 68 years old and the memory of each of those losses still stings (in addition to two particular NFC championship game losses...one with Gary Anderson missing after a perfect season, and one with Favre being targeted by Gregg Williams' goons on the Saints.) Pretty bitter pills to swallow.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

(06-11-2024, 02:16 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: Yes, I watched them four times.  I'm 68 years old and the memory of each of those losses still stings (in addition to two particular NFC championship game losses...one with Gary Anderson missing after a perfect season, and one with Favre being targeted by Gregg Williams' goons on the Saints.)  Pretty bitter pills to swallow.

Yep, 68 and all the same pain.  XI in 77 was a first though, first time a keg wasn't emptied by the end of the game.  I believe we returned it in disgust and became Jesuit Priests, damn it. Everything seems surreal since.

(06-11-2024, 08:17 AM)ArizonaViking Wrote: I watched them lose to the Chiefs...
I watched them lose to the Dolphins....
I watched them lose to the Steelers...
and I watched lose to the Raiders...

I'm 64 and in pretty decent heath, so I got around another 20 years hopefully to see the Viking hoist the Lombardi...

I will be 64 in a week and I watched them all. The KC loss was the toughest for me. Was it because I was just a kid or because I was confident we were going to win that game? Not sure. But I did not feel great about any of the other SB games. I have a memory of watching a Mary Tyler Moore episode, maybe the night before the Steelers SB, where they had the Vikings winning. I kinda blamed that loss on that show. How could a show presumably based out of Minneapolis jinx its home team like that?