Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone left?
Who can say they watched the Vikings play in a Super Bowl?

I was in my teens when they played the Raiders; I have Medicare on the horizon now. 

Lets go KOC/JJM! B4 I am saying hi to some dear departed at Rainbow Bridge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(06-11-2024, 08:12 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Who can say they watched the Vikings play in a Super Bowl?

I was 17 when they played the Raiders...I have Medicare on the horizon now. 

Lets go KOC/JJM! B4 I am saying hi to some dear departed at Rainbow Bridge.

I watched them lose to the Chiefs...
I watched them lose to the Dolphins....
I watched them lose to the Steelers...
and I watched lose to the Raiders...

I'm 64 and in pretty decent heath, so I got around another 20 years hopefully to see the Viking hoist the Lombardi...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArizonaViking's post:

I was 10 years old for their last Superbowl, can't say I remember watching it. But hope springs eternal and now my hopes rest on these two guys:

[Image: WhatsApp-Image-2024-03-23-at-10.09.32-AM.jpeg?width=600]

JJM is too young to realize the gravity of his purpose...

Like a young Skywalker.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(06-11-2024, 08:29 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: JJM is too young to realize the gravity of his purpose...

Like a young Skywalker.

lol, I laughed but honestly, other than being dramatic, its a good comparison!
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I watched all 4 of them and have been waiting a long time to watch them again.

Was in basic training at fort Bragg when I listened to the Chiefs disaster on the radio. Watched the rest. They had a chance in the Steelers loss, but a mistake turned into disaster in what was a defensive game for the most part.
I'll watch them again this year when they get there and finally win one!

Became a fan after the Chiefs Super Bowl. I was only 6 at the time. But watched the Miami, Steelers and Raiders games.

I think the Vikings are gearing up for another legit run in 2025. Assuming McCarthy and Turner are everything we hope they are, we'll need one or two more big time play makers on defense either at CB or DT or both to give us a legit championship-level roster.

(06-11-2024, 08:17 AM)ArizonaViking Wrote: I watched them lose to the Chiefs...
I watched them lose to the Dolphins....
I watched them lose to the Steelers...
and I watched lose to the Raiders...

I'm 64 and in pretty decent heath, so I got around another 20 years hopefully to see the Viking hoist the Lombardi...

Just turned 65 and in good health too. I watched them all as well. Not sure I've got another 20 years considering the way the Vikings have driven me to drink, particularly on Sundays. Damn Drew Pearson and Gary Anderson.

Thought this thread was going to be about the 14 of us who still post on this board post-update, but to answer the question: sadly nope. Never seen the Vikes in a Super Bowl. Bob Smith/Gary Anderson, 41-0, Favre year, and 38-7 are the closest I've seen.

That Eagles year really hurt considering it was right after the Minneapolis Miracle and the SB was going to be in MN. Team didn't get off the bus in Philly for some reason. Pain!