Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New To Group......What I saw Yesterday
Welcome aboard Marrdro.  Great write up.

Of course that doesn't mean you get out of newbie KP duty.  Grab a mop to swab the decks and make sure there's plenty of ale to go around. 

After that, looking forward to more of your insight.

Welcome aboard my old friend Marrdro. Nice write up. One thing I would add is the offensive game plan and play calling was creative and masterful. After last year I was afraid Shurmur was going to dink and dunk us to death. I'm happy that isn't the case.

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
I want to see what Brock is about after he goals through Zimmmers schooling for DBs
Zim's school has netted us Waynes and Alexander both of whom have had talent when drafted and both of whom haven't developed into much.  I think we're over stating Zim's DB whisperer status. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
I want to see what Brock is about after he goals through Zimmmers schooling for DBs
Zim's school has netted us Waynes and Alexander both of whom have had talent when drafted and both of whom haven't developed into much.  I think we're over stating Zim's DB whisperer status. 

I do know that it took a little time to get Captain on board so hopefully this is the case with Brock.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"ThunderGod" said:
Dunno, Rhodes is being talked about at the #1 CB in the NFL right now.  Waynes gets lots of attention because the teams avoid Rhodes, and our D has been pretty stout, so I don't think you can say Waynes isn't any good right now.  Alexander is still a work in progress, but again, our D has held down some pretty good offenses.  Brees, Ben and one of the best WR groups in the NFL and now Evans and Jackson.

It didn't take Zimmer very long to get our whole defense from the bottom to the top.  It's total defense not one position that Zimmer excels at.  Now can his hiring of Shurmur before last year pay huge dividends - early returns say yes!

Quote: @"Marrdro" said:

DB's.   Anyone
still think Sendejo is a dang good Strong Safety?  Sure, he's not a shutdown CB, but he is great
in run support, great in tackling and even better at hitting people.  Smitty's INT should really be credited to our
SS who laid the lumber.
Sendejo is a solid safety and allows Smith to be used in many different ways.  Loved how our safeties punished the WRs yesterday.

Also, I see lots of hacks on Trae this morning, mostly
because the Announcer highlighted how far behind he was on a reception.  The truth was, our DB's were in a C2 zone and
a RB came out into the flat/zone Trae had responsibility for.  His job was to hand off and get back in his
zone.   In the end, he is a Zone CB who
can sometimes do an OK job as a "Man" CB.  Continually hacking on him because he is not
a "Man" CB drives me crazy. 

Waynes is going to see plenty of balls come his way because Rhodes is on the other side.  And having someone like Rhodes on the team will make the rest look rather pedestrian.  Waynes is playing solid team defense right now, not mistake free, but solid.  He can make plays because of his speed.  I also really like that he is a very willing tackler this year.  He had the rep of not being a good tackler, but he sticks his nose in there this year.

DL (Especially our 1 and 3 Tech DT's).    Warpigs getting some yesterday.  I absolutely loved how the DE's contained
first, then rushed after the Warpigs in the middle collapsed the pocket,
pushing the QB to the DE instead of the DE's trying to chase down the QB.

Joseph is a beast.  Love watching him cover ground and swallow up RBs.

Offense.

OL.  I'm still
buying into this group as a good unit that just needs to work on cohesion.  When Cook hit the "A" gap, it was a
complete line shift to the left, with the Right Tackle actually blocking down
on the "A" gap assignments.   That does not happen unless the whole line is
on the same page.  Great job by the bigs
in the trenches on that side of the ball.

Our OL moved as a unit yesterday.  The protection was amazing, sealing of everything and letting Keenum chuck it downfield.  The run blocking was dang good as well.

WR's.   Take Diggs
away, Adam is open. Take Adam away, Diggs is open, try to take them both away
Jarius scores a TD.......Again, something that has to have D-coords staying
awake at nights.

Love watching this group grow and tear it up.

Enjoyed reading your post.  Please post more.

Welcome aboard ~ Marrdro! Thanks for the great write-up. SKOL!!!

Welcome...

Bucs without 4 starters on D to start the game, then the already dinged up McCoy gets dinged again...then David goes out(after the game had been decided IIRC)...Keenum and the O played very well but to underestimate the advantage we had with a third of their D starters out to start the game is just silly...

OL has definitely improved over last year's injury ravaged unit, but there's lots of room for improvement in the run game...pass pro has been very good...4 pressures on Keenum...

Love the WR play so far, but jfc Diggs...slowing down and hot dogging at the 15 yard line is asking for trouble...nearly got it...could have swung momentum...stupid display which is getting to be a staple of his game...

Rhodes is our best defender...I'm trying to think of a better CB in franchise history...I'm coming up empty...probably the surest fantasy bet right now is to bench any WR1 that Rhodes will mark...

Cook is our best all around RB since Foreman...starting to see him get more comfortable as a receiver...laid some nice blocks...

Looking like Preifer's 7 year run of having a top 3 KR squad is over...with the number of FC Sherels calls, I think we don't have to worry about overuse if we use him as a KR too...

Trying to recall Alexander being singled out or in trouble yesterday...

Bucs abandoned the run game fairly quickly...good prep for how the Lions will play us...

Ball security is the number one attribute of a punt returner. That's how he won the job.