Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Jerruh do? What should he do?
Dak isn’t their forever QB. He’s not a guy that carries their team. He’s a guy that needs extra talent around him to carry him and he costs too much, so you’re going to have to steal more from the future to have a shot, and at some point you’ll have to rebuild cap-wise and it won’t make sense to rebuild around Dak, because the last thing you want to do is rebuild around an expensive, mid QB that carries a lot of cap burden and your next window is shorter because you never fully reset the cap. They’ll probably resign him and then hard rebuild in 3-4 years when his contract expires.

The only correct answer when you have a mid QB is that you draft their replacement before you are forced to make a choice on committing to them for 4 more years. You usually don’t get to choose when a QB is available to you, so you’ll have to be ready to take one when they’re available, not when it is convenient.

I have this gut feeling the Cowboys will draft Shedeur. Dion will will it into happening and Jerruh will open the gate.
SKOL VIKINGS Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like The ghost formerly known as PG's post:

(05-20-2024, 03:24 PM)The ghost formerly known as PG Wrote: I have this gut feeling the Cowboys will draft Shedeur. Dion will will it into happening and Jerruh will open the gate.

I could see that happening....they'd have to move up, but maybe.

I still say that many NFL QB's don't reach their prime until AFTER age 30 (Mahomes and others being more the exception). As evidence, I present Brady, Favre and Steve Young as examples.