Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings and WRer Tyler Boyd in discussions
(04-30-2024, 01:02 PM)kmillard Wrote: 30 year old wrs are not what this team needs to be signing. Unless the contract is minimal.

I agree, need to get younger not older.

we could have likely kept KJ for less than that.... younger and knew the system, he would have maybe still wanted to test the market and try something new.... but something to be said about security too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

(04-30-2024, 03:37 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: we could have likely kept KJ for less than that.... younger and knew the system,  he would have maybe still wanted to test  the market and try something new.... but something to be said about security too.

I think KJ as with many fans let a few games in 2022 cloud the judgement of where he fit. With Addison KJ quickly became the 4th option. Adding Aaron Jones to the roster KJ's targets were likely to dip even more.  Security is great but on a team stacked with options how secure are you compared to a roster like NE?

Not sure what the team has in mind in case of injury to JJ & or Addison, I doubt the team is shopping in Boyd’s price range though.

(04-30-2024, 04:17 PM)bigbone62 Wrote: I think KJ as with many fans let a few games in 2022 cloud the judgement of where he fit. With Addison KJ quickly became the 4th option. Adding Aaron Jones to the roster KJ's targets were likely to dip even more.  Security is great but on a team stacked with options how secure are you compared to a roster like NE?

JJ missed how many weeks last year? TJ how many weeks? Addison is slight of build...he could easily have been target 2 or better in MN, and the Colts game was 2023 where KJ was the spark that turned that around, he wasn't a #1 guy by n9 means, but he filled a role in the passing game that is currently open and looking to cost more to fill than what he may have cost to keep. By the way, the security comments were about his security, not the teams and he will likley always be better in an offense he is familiar with than a new system, thus play better, thus more security for him
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

I don't believe they've had any discussions with Boyd for whatever its worth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NFL Draft Guru's post:

(04-30-2024, 05:49 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: JJ missed how many weeks last year?  TJ how many weeks?  Addison is slight of build...he could easily  have been target 2 or better in MN,  and the Colts game was 2023 where KJ was the spark that turned that around,  he wasn't a #1 guy by n9 means,  but he filled a role in the passing game that is currently open and looking to cost more to fill than what he may have cost to keep. By the way,  the security comments were about his security,  not the teams and he will likley always be better in an offense he is familiar with than a new system,  thus play better, thus more security for him

The guy averaged 31 yards a game for his career. That's the epitome of replaceable and for much cheaper than he was looking to get paid. In the 7 weeks JJ missed KJ had the chance to go get paid. Instead had 23 receptions, 183 yards, averaged 7.95 ypc and 0 TDs. Powell had 20 receptions, 221 yards, 11.05 ypc and 1 td. KJ  knowing the system better than Powell was less productive. The Colts game you're talking about happened on 12/17/22. 

My comment on security was in fact about KJ and not the teams. Point being NE has no real standout guys with NFL experience, so KJ will have significantly more targets and opportunities to prove his worth. As opposed to MN where he's likely the 5th option.

(04-30-2024, 07:26 PM)NFL Draft Guru Wrote: I don't believe they've had any discussions with Boyd for whatever its worth.

Yep, I think its complete B.S.

(04-30-2024, 07:26 PM)NFL Draft Guru Wrote: I don't believe they've had any discussions with Boyd for whatever its worth.

Any post draft free agent pursuits you could share…?  Angel
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post:

I’m pretty doubtful of this report. He’s likely still in a position to go somewhere where he’ll see more playing time, so I don’t see the inclination to join the Vikings at least right now. Perhaps if he’s still out there right before the season, but now would be an odd time to be negotiating in my opinion.