Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings and WRer Tyler Boyd in discussions
https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...1642331606

Interesting. Oh, but of course the online qualifier: IF its true. I don't know why some online dipshits live to put false shit online, but they do.

(04-30-2024, 07:41 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: https://twitter.com/VikesCentral/status/...1642331606

Interesting. Oh, but of course the online qualifier: IF its true. I don't know why some online dipshits live to put false shit online, but they do.

This would be an awesome addition. If Sportrac's projection of $16 Million for 2 years is in the ballpark, we absolutely should figure out how to get it done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TBro's post:

I've liked Boyd since he was at Pitt. Wanted the Vikings to pass on the overrated 1st round WRs that year and take Boyd in the 3rd. He actually went in the 2nd, but that 1st round? Yuck: Corey Coleman, Will Fuller, Josh Doctson and Laquon Treadwell. 

Love to see this happen, but it seems he'd want to go somewhere where he could maybe be WR2. He's been a WR3 his whole career. Probably the best WR3 in the NFL, but still, he'd once again be the clear 3rd in Minnesota.

What % of the time is MN in 11 vs heavy?

WR3 here might still mean 70% of snaps

We need a WR3 and to add to the RB room too...

I just didnt expect to get it done till Aug/Sept.

If he doesn't cancel out any compensatory pick(s) we're eligible to receive in 2025, I'm all for it. He's a good slot WR and with Hock likely out thru October, we need a guy who can work the middle of the field.

If he comes cheap it'd be a steal and a good pickup because I think he'd contribute, but is he worth the expected $ as the #5 pass-catching option on the team? Probably not. I assume he wants more targets, not less. I'm kind of surprised he's even talking with us, tbh.

I haven't seen this anywhere else this morning.....have the feeling its bullshit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(04-30-2024, 08:50 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: If he doesn't cancel out any compensatory pick(s) we're eligible to receive in 2025, I'm all for it.  He's a good slot WR and with Hock likely out thru October, we need a guy who can work the middle of the field.

The comp pick formula deadline ended yesterday (4/29). Any FA signed now doesn't figure into the formula.

(04-30-2024, 09:57 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I haven't seen this anywhere else this morning.....have the feeling its bullshit.

Probably is bullshit. But for those concerned about the amount of playing time that a WR3 would see in the offense or the cost to acquire a WR3, we don't know when we'll see TJH on the field & when he does return it's unlikely that he'll be the same player that he was the past 2 seasons. I have a feeling that our WR3 is going to see a lot more snaps than we're used to.

(04-30-2024, 07:58 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I've liked Boyd since he was at Pitt. Wanted the Vikings to pass on the overrated 1st round WRs that year and take Boyd in the 3rd. He actually went in the 2nd, but that 1st round? Yuck: Corey Coleman, Will Fuller, Josh Doctson and Laquon Treadwell. 

Love to see this happen, but it seems he'd want to go somewhere where he could maybe be WR2. He's been a WR3 his whole career. Probably the best WR3 in the NFL, but still, he'd once again be the clear 3rd in Minnesota.

How picky can he be this late in the offseason? He obviously didn't get the offers that he expected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knucklehead's post:

30 year old wrs are not what this team needs to be signing. Unless the contract is minimal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kmillard's post: