Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
You have to be happy
Kwesi said screw the mid rounds, we're going heavy in rd 1 baby!

Nix would be a Viking now if we didnt move to 10....

not to be a debbie downer, we got 3 draft picks next year....1st and 2 5ths
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(04-25-2024, 09:38 PM)1VikesFan Wrote: They didn't keep #23, it went to Jax in the Turner trade.

Right, they used it to get to #17.  I meant they didn't have to use #23 and our first next year to get our QB and essentially just traded 11 and 23 and some Day 3 picks to get JJ at 10 and Turner at 17.

(04-25-2024, 09:43 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Kwesi said screw the mid rounds, we're going heavy in rd 1 baby!

Nix would be a Viking now if we didnt move to 10....

not to be a debbie downer, we got 3 draft picks next year....1st and 2 5ths

Expecting a comp 3rd, but yeah. Draft are like Chess...you've gotta think far enough ahead...If Kwesi and KOC don't value their board for next years class - Why not.

One day, perhaps, the NFL can get a commissioner that can read.

(04-25-2024, 09:39 PM)VikingOracle Wrote: With this first round, I can't be the whiny bitch that I sometimes am.  I am really in shock by the moves.  Yes, expensive in draft capital but I have no complaints.

(04-25-2024, 10:04 PM)Vanguard83 Wrote: Expecting a comp 3rd, but yeah. Draft are like Chess...you've gotta think far enough ahead...If Kwesi and KOC don't value their board for next years class - Why not.

+100mm in cap will help too...
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

We picked two studs that will be very good players in the NFL without a doubt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FLVike's post:

I think it was maybe a mistake to move up from 23 considering the way the draft was falling and the amount of draft capital we had already spent on getting that 234d pick, the picks used to move up one spot, and then the picks required to make that move, we could have stayed at 23 and gotten a quality player, or maybe even traded down and added a day 2 pick to use towards our IOL or defensive back field, I have mixed emotions on how it all went down, I think you couldn't have asked for better with the JJ situation though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

(04-25-2024, 10:07 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: +100mm in cap will help too...

This is kind of the key in it all. They can add impact players now, keep their 1st round pick and then bring $70-100M in cap space to the table next offseason. That will easily pay for 2+ players they traded out of. They aren't good? Well if McCarthy looks promising you're the team getting the brinks truck backed up to you next year. Sound strategy if you ask me.

(04-25-2024, 10:37 PM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I think it was maybe a mistake to move up from 23 considering the way the draft was falling and the amount of draft capital we had already spent on getting that 234d pick,  the picks used to move up one spot,  and then the picks required to make that move,  we could have stayed at 23 and gotten a quality player,  or maybe even traded down and added a day 2 pick to use towards our IOL or defensive back field,  I have mixed emotions on how it all went down,  I think you couldn't have asked for better with the JJ situation though.

Maybe. You were guaranteed one of Turner, Verse, Mitchell or Arnold. I heard they had such a high grade on Turner it became almost funny they had a chance to grab him at 17. They'll get a 3rd compensatory pick back next year. Another if Flores were to find a HC job. Depending on how you discount future picks, if you assume the compensatory pick they traded roughly a 4th or 5th to move up.
[-] The following 2 users Like NFL Draft Guru's post:

(04-25-2024, 09:28 PM)savannahskol Wrote: Meh on McCarthy, but love the move for Turner. 
Now get a top 5 corner and top 3 IOL and call it a success

uh, nvmd. 

we outta ammo, lol. 

Remaining '24 picks
4th, 108
6th, 177
6th, 203
7th, 230
7th, 232

Mebbe we'll trade next years first for 2 seconds this year, lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes savannahskol's post: