Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
You have to be happy
We get JJ McCarthy and keep 23.
[-] The following 6 users Like FLVike's post:

They gave up a 4th and 5th instead of 23 and next year's 1st, which is a lot better than I expected. I think McCarthy is a great fit for our offense, but it's nice to not need to completely mortgage the future to get him. I'm assuming they'll trade down from 23 and try to get some of the picks back.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyr's post:

Best case scenario really
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

(04-25-2024, 08:32 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: Best case scenario really

Yup pretty much!

Sidenote:
I probably shouldn't be surprised, but 6 QB's in the top 12... That's wild!
[-] The following 1 user Likes LabGeek's post:

So excited. I’ve been dancing since.

Just paid $35 for a double double old fashioned and was to happy to do it.
[-] The following 7 users Like AGRforever's post:

Meh on McCarthy, but love the move for Turner.
Now get a top 5 corner and top 3 IOL and call it a success

We replaced Kirk and Danielle with JJ McCarthy and Dallas Turner. Loving this draft considering we basically just traded mostly Day 3 picks and preserved #23 and next year's first making two trade ups.

BOOM
[-] The following 3 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

(04-25-2024, 09:28 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: We replaced Kirk and Danielle with JJ McCarthy and Dallas Turner.  Loving this draft considering we basically just traded mostly Day 3 picks and preserved #23 and next year's first making two trade ups.
BOOM
If 
Factor in the #Vikings trade to acquire No. 23 from the Texans, Minnesota essentially gave up a second-rounder (2024), sixth-rounder (2024), fifth-rounder (2024), second-rounder (2025) and fourth-rounder (2025) for Dallas Turner.

[url=https://twitter.com/alec_lewis/status/1783683941649506750][/url]
[-] The following 3 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(04-25-2024, 09:28 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: We replaced Kirk and Danielle with JJ McCarthy and Dallas Turner.  Loving this draft considering we basically just traded mostly Day 3 picks and preserved #23 and next year's first making two trade ups.

BOOM

They didn't keep #23, it went to Jax in the Turner trade.

With this first round, I can't be the whiny bitch that I sometimes am. I am really in shock by the moves. Yes, expensive in draft capital but I have no complaints.
[-] The following 2 users Like VikingOracle's post: