Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Will the NFL punish the Falcons for Tampering?
(04-13-2024, 02:30 PM)Kentis Wrote: WWWWWWill the NFL punish the Falcons for tampering…  Huh

& further tarnish the shield? Angel  Maybe, but as for benefiting the Vikings, I’ll believe it when I see it.  Angry

I agree...They may slap em on the wrist, but it most likely won't benefit the Vikings.

I think the Falcons get hammered if it shows tampering prior to the window.

The idea that Cousins was leaving for sure is nothing more than a guess. It doesn’t actually matter in regards to the rules, but all of you claiming that are just guessing. We don’t know what the Vikings offered either. Cousins doesn’t know what free agency may bring, but if they tampered he knew exactly what would be offered. It doesn’t actually matter what he or the Vikings were “going to do”, but all I’m reading from many is pure speculation.

I think it’s super naive to expect a slap on the wrist here if they indeed had contact with him before the window opened.

I don’t think many fans understand just what was lost from a competitive standpoint. The team lost their franchise QB, a perennial top 10 player at the position. That isn’t all they lost though. They now will burn premium draft capital trying to replace him. Those draft picks(s) could have been elite prospects at other positions of need. It negatively impacts their ability to trade for more picks down the road. The damage is extensive.

Had the Vikings been able to keep Cousins, after Hunter left they could have made all of the signings on the defense they’ve made. They then could have picked an elite defensive or offensive prospect at 11 and 23. The team could have been exactly what it is right now with Cousins as QB, AND been adding 2 first round picks in a couple of weeks!

(04-14-2024, 12:52 PM)Havoc Wrote: I think the Falcons get hammered if it shows tampering prior to the window.

The idea that Cousins was leaving for sure is nothing more than a guess. It doesn’t actually matter in regards to the rules, but all of you claiming that are just guessing. We don’t know what the Vikings offered either. Cousins doesn’t know what free agency may bring, but if they tampered he knew exactly what would be offered. It doesn’t actually matter what he or the Vikings were “going to do”, but all I’m reading from many is pure speculation.

I think it’s super naive to expect a slap on the wrist here if they indeed had contact with him before the window opened.

I don’t think many fans understand just what was lost from a competitive standpoint. The team lost their franchise QB, a perennial top 10 player at the position. That isn’t all they lost though. They now will burn premium draft capital trying to replace him. Those draft picks(s) could have been elite prospects at other positions of need. It negatively impacts their ability to trade for more picks down the road. The damage is extensive.

Had the Vikings been able to keep Cousins, after Hunter left they could have made all of the signings on the defense they’ve made. They then could have picked an elite defensive or offensive prospect at 11 and 23. The team could have been exactly what it is right now with Cousins as QB, AND been adding 2 first round picks in a couple of weeks!

I think your perspective makes zero sense.  There were no realities where Cousins wasn't going to hear all offers from all teams.  If we didn't have him resigned by the end of the season, there was never going to be an option for him to resign with us without testing the market.  You resign the players you can't lose a year early so they don't have the option to test the market.

(04-14-2024, 12:52 PM)Havoc Wrote: I think the Falcons get hammered if it shows tampering prior to the window.

IMO the most likely outcome is nothing happens.
The second most likely outcome is the Vikings get a 5th or 6th round comp pick next year, the equivalent of a bag of old gym socks.

(04-15-2024, 10:14 AM)comet52 Wrote: IMO the most likely outcome is nothing happens.
The second most likely outcome is the Vikings get a 5th or 6th round comp pick next year, the equivalent of a bag of old gym socks.

My son's goldendoodle would rather have the socks.

(04-14-2024, 03:53 PM)medaille Wrote: I think your perspective makes zero sense.  There were no realities where Cousins wasn't going to hear all offers from all teams.  If we didn't have him resigned by the end of the season, there was never going to be an option for him to resign with us without testing the market.  You resign the players you can't lose a year early so they don't have the option to test the market.

You don’t know that. It’s what you are assuming and it isn’t based on the reports the last few weeks. Its not based on what the team was saying or what Kirk was saying. It’s based solely on your guess. A month out they were expected to get him signed - then suddenly they weren’t. This is where it matters as to the timing of the tampering. If it goes back weeks, the Falcons are getting hammered.