Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I still think Minnesota won't move up before #4 or #5.
Quote: @FLVike said:
Ok, call me crazy, this could be the handshake. If it does play out that way then the Chargers could be waiting to see if JJ makes it to #5. Harbaugh has said he is the best QB Michigan has ever had, so....... the Chargers take JJ and then trade Herbert to us for 11 and 23. Or am I just a dreamer?
[Image: varunishnanda-keep-dreaming.gif]

The #Cardinals are open to trading their no. 4 pick. Here's what Cardinals GM Monti Ossenfort said:

"There will be a big neon sign that says 'open' and I don't like it blinking, it messes with my eyes, but we're always going to be listening"

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@FLVike said:
Ok, call me crazy, this could be the handshake. If it does play out that way then the Chargers could be waiting to see if JJ makes it to #5. Harbaugh has said he is the best QB Michigan has ever had, so....... the Chargers take JJ and then trade Herbert to us for 11 and 23. Or am I just a dreamer?
[Image: varunishnanda-keep-dreaming.gif]

Been dreaming for 50 years now. I guess a few more wouldn't hurt.

Albert Breer, SI.com:

"Teams that have tried to trade into that range (#1-#3) have been met with polite no’s from the Chicago Bears, Washington Commanders and New England Patriots."

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Albert Breer, SI.com:

"Teams that have tried to trade into that range (#1-#3) have been met with polite no’s from the Chicago Bears, Washington Commanders and New England Patriots."
They were also talking on NFL Radio this morning about Mayo essentially saying at his introductory press conference in January that the Patriots were going to take a QB. 

To me, if the Vikings can't land Drake Maye in one of those top 3 spots, all bets are off the table about what they do at that point. I truly believe Maye is their target. But hey, at least we got another mediocre competitive rebuilding season with Cousins and Hunter. Awww the memories...

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
Albert Breer, SI.com:

They were also talking on NFL Radio this morning about Mayo essentially saying at his introductory press conference in January that the Patriots were going to take a QB. 

To me, if the Vikings can't land Drake Maye in one of those top 3 spots, all bets are off the table about what they do at that point. I truly believe Maye is their target. But hey, at least we got another mediocre competitive rebuilding season with Cousins and Hunter. Awww the memories...
If we get turned away by the bouncer for the second year in a row and can't move up to get our QB that's gonna be pretty damning on KAM imo. The Dobbs ride was fun for 2 weeks but at what cost?
Get Maye if he's the guy they want. Paye whatever. And if that doesn't work turn back time and re-up Kirk.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
Albert Breer, SI.com:

Aren't you over it yet Smile   I've been with you making fun of the competitive rebuild and we (sadly) have been proven correct after being called negative many times by some we think are polly anna's but for the sake of conversation and this site let's move on.  That is so a week ago Smile   This is a whole new Viking chapter!

Now that I think about it you might need a few more weeks than I do Smile

I am the opposite as I think the only safe spots are 2 or 3 and that's what they end up with someway somehow.

Quote: @minny65 said:
@supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
Albert Breer, SI.com:

Aren't you over it yet Smile   I've been with you making fun of the competitive rebuild and we (sadly) have been proven correct after being called negative many times by some we think are polly anna's but for the sake of conversation and this site let's move on.  That is so a week ago Smile   This is a whole new Viking chapter!

Now that I think about it you might need a few more weeks than I do Smile
No, because we are still currently in the midst of paying the tab on the "competitive rebuild" in the form of draft picks trying to scramble and move up to a spot we would have been in anyways if we would have taken a rationale approach to rebuildibg this thing like every other sound minded team in the division did. But oh no, not the Wilfs. I might ramble on about the competitive rebuild for years if this thing doesn't change for the better very quickly. 

Quote: @kmillard said:
I am the opposite as I think the only safe spots are 2 or 3 and that's what they end up with someway somehow.
But that's not my point. My point is that the top 3 teams are going to take a QB. Because they need one. Just as badly as Minnesota. Why would they trade out of that if your logic is to move up no matter what....isn't their logic then also don't trade down no matter what because they also want a franchise QB? I keep hearing from Supa how talentless the Vikings are.... and then from others that New England shouldn't draft a QB because they'd 'ruin him'. lol, you see what I mean? Then others say well maybe New England doesn't like Maye or Daniels....ok, can't that hold true for Minnesota as well? 

I agree that to get who we THINK (because we don't know for sure who Minnesota likes) the #2 or #3 pick would be safest. But why would they be interested in moving down if you're using the same logic of why Minnesota should do anything to move up? Does that make sense? I'm seriously asking as I'm trying to communicate my opinion, not sure if I'm doing it well or not.