Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I still think Minnesota won't move up before #4 or #5.
Washington and New England both need QBs. I don't see either moving from their picks. And if Marvin Harrison Jr. is there for Arizona at #4, they'll pull the trigger. JMO, but its still #5 and Los Angeles that continues to make the most sense for me. And I don't think that'll happen until during the Draft, so the Vikings are 100% certain which QBs remain. And if whomever their dude is isn't there, they'll hold tight at #11. 

I know the Internet is on fire with rumors and inside 'sources' to the contrary of what I'm saying. Many think a handshake deal is already in place. I've meandered off this thought a few times the last week or so, but I keep landing firmly back on this opinion (the #5 spot). 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Washington and New England both need QBs. I don't see either moving from their picks. And if Marvin Harrison Jr. is there for Arizona at #4, they'll pull the trigger. JMO, but its still #5 and Los Angeles that continues to make the most sense for me. And I don't think that'll happen until during the Draft, so the Vikings are 100% certain which QBs remain. And if whomever their dude is isn't there, they'll hold tight at #11. 

I know the Internet is on fire with rumors and inside 'sources' to the contrary of what I'm saying. Many think a handshake deal is already in place. I've meandered off this thought a few times the last week or so, but I keep landing firmly back on this opinion (the #5 spot). 

This is the most logical scenario & we would be able to keep our 2025 1st round pick, but the NYG are a bigger threat to move up if it's only to go from #6 to #5.

I wonder if that new coach of the Chargers isn't in any hurry to help out Kwesi and the Vikings.  Do you suppose he may "Harbaugh" ill feelings towards the Vikes still?  B)

Quote: @Knucklehead said:
@StickyBun said:

This is the most logical scenario & we would be able to keep our 2025 1st round pick, but the NYG are a bigger threat to move up if it's only to go from #7 to #6.
100%

Getting to 5 will be tricky for that very reason. 
NE (or #5) may be their only chance to land a "Top 4" when all is said and done. MHJ (imo) is the only non QB who will go in top 4. 

The smoke around Vikes and NE has been very consistent since the combine and trading up at this point for another 1st rounder is something you do not see teams before draft day often, so while I agree it seems as though Washington and NE have to take a QB, I think it lines up that we get into the top 3.  There is a chance NE doesn't have the top 3 rated the way most do.  

What we dont talk about here enough is MHJ...

Probably the best player in this draft, generational talent. 

I could see NE saying he is too good to pass on @ 3 and then AZ may be a trade-up target for the Giants, Vikings, Vegas or Broncos. 

Oh the endless scenarios...ugh

Quote: @StickyBun said:

I look at NE and think they look too much like Carolina did last year.  It's a risk to get your QB and not have any talent around them in years 1-3.  I would not be surprised to see them accumulate picks and rebuild the roster and insert a Penix with a later pick or roll the dice and sit out the QB derby altogether this year.  I see that as something the Vikes may want to do and with the boatload of ammo we have, we may be able to get that done.

I think it's going to be hard to talk Arizona out of #4 with both MHJ and Nabers on the board. If the Vikings have a handshake deal it's probably with the Chargers at #5. Harbaugh likes to run and won't value WRs as much as other teams. And they just took a WR in the 1st last year. I think trading down is what he'll want to do. 

Ok, call me crazy, this could be the handshake. If it does play out that way then the Chargers could be waiting to see if JJ makes it to #5. Harbaugh has said he is the best QB Michigan has ever had, so....... the Chargers take JJ and then trade Herbert to us for 11 and 23. Or am I just a dreamer?

Quote: @FLVike said:
Ok, call me crazy, this could be the handshake. If it does play out that way then the Chargers could be waiting to see if JJ makes it to #5. Harbaugh has said he is the best QB Michigan has ever had, so....... the Chargers take JJ and then trade Herbert to us for 11 and 23. Or am I just a dreamer?
Yeah, you're dreaming. Jim Harbaugh says lots of things....some that are very weird. He can be odd. He loves JJ the kid and he's fiercely loyal so its like asking your Mom if FLVike is a good boy. Herbert isn't going anywhere.