Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KJO to Pats
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I think he's referring to losing our 2nd rounder in '25 (in the trade with Houston) and having two or three 3rd round comp picks making that less painful. 

Edit: But now that I think about it, they can trade comp picks now, so it does give them more ammo for a trade up this year. 
But since the 2025 comps won't be officially awarded until spring 2025, they couldn't put it in a trade now.  They could trade their own 3 and then take the comp, but if they're not awarded what they're expecting (see: pretty much every year we're expecting comps) they could end up with a bare cupboard.  As it is we have only 5 picks left for 2025. 

KJO was a solid #3.  I hope the Powell/Nailer/New guy combo can fill his shoes.

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I think he's referring to losing our 2nd rounder in '25 (in the trade with Houston) and having two or three 3rd round comp picks making that less painful. 

Edit: But now that I think about it, they can trade comp picks now, so it does give them more ammo for a trade up this year. 
But since the 2025 comps won't be officially awarded until spring 2025, they couldn't put it in a trade now.  They could trade their own 3 and then take the comp, but if they're not awarded what they're expecting (see: pretty much every year we're expecting comps) they could end up with a bare cupboard.  As it is we have only 5 picks left for 2023. 
We actually have 9 picks this draft.  2 firsts, 2 4ths, 2 5ths, a 6th, and 2 7ths.

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

But since the 2025 comps won't be officially awarded until spring 2025, they couldn't put it in a trade now.  They could trade their own 3 and then take the comp, but if they're not awarded what they're expecting (see: pretty much every year we're expecting comps) they could end up with a bare cupboard.  As it is we have only 5 picks left for 2023. 
Damn...yep, you're right. 

He started off slow, but he put in a lot of hard work and developed into a strong number 3 receiver. He'll definitely be missed, but the comp pick next year softens the blow and Powell and Nailor seem liked good options to compete for the number 3 role.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"RS Express" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

We actually have 9 picks this draft.  2 firsts, 2 4ths, 2 5ths, a 6th, and 2 7ths.
I meant 5 picks for 2025.  Stupid typing.  Editing now  B)

They have Pittsburgh's 2025 7th for Jesse Davis I believe. Never saw an indication it was a conditional pick.

I think KJ was definitely worth 4 million, think he is better than anyone else we will have at the #3 and if anything happens to our top 2 he has the experience to step in.  

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
KJO was a solid #3.  I hope the Powell/Nailer/New guy combo can fill his shoes.
Nailor can't be trusted. Anything you get from him at this point has to be considered a bonus. I'd be more comfortable with Powell as a 4th or 5th receiver/kick returner and not the 3rd guy who needs to step into a featured role if a starter goes down. Restocking quality young talent/depth such as this is going to be a significant problem if we do end up gutting our drafts the next couple years to move up for a QB. The depth on this team is atrocious right now and it's something Kwesi talked about at the Combine.